LEMON | Smoker x reader | Cops and Robbers

The chair almost cracked under the force you were thrown at it with, creaking violently as your back collided with the wooden one behind you. Each light in the room flickered and showed no sign of staying lit, casting a headache-inducing sheen over the small space. As your head hung down against your chest, nothing but a small smile perched on your still features as the heavy, iron door slammed. The force shook the walls ever so slightly, dust shimmering down from the surface and onto the table before you.

"You did it, Smoker."

Each movement you took as you adjusted yourself in the uncomfortable seat caused your chains to clink together as they held your wrists tightly bound. The pungent smell of cigar smoke choked the room's atmosphere, the owner of the cause's hands slamming on the wooden table harshly. At the impact, the table clattered a little as Smoker leaned over the surface and glared at you with every fibre of anger within his being.

"What in the HELL did you do that for?"

Seething through teeth which clenched his cigars tightly, the man gripped his fists into balls which lay upon the table.

"Do you have any damn idea what could happen from now? What could happen to you?"

"Like you care."

His eyes went wide behind the tinted sunglasses which were obscuring his vision, his gaze only on your lips which curled further into a taunting smirk. Not even the painful bruises which clung to your soft skin were making you flinch, nothing rupturing your eerie calm.

"You are a fool, (y/n). But you're right, I'm done caring. I stopped the day you decided to step out of line."

Arms crossing over, Smoker scolded you like you were a young child as you sat bound in your seat. Every minute that ticked by presented such an uncomfortable silence it was driving the man crazy, even when he sat at the seat opposite; holding his head in his hands.

"Why did you have to follow him out? why couldn't you have just stayed..."

The calm in his voice was disconcerting, considering the amount of anger which must've been building inside of him. You raised your head, dropping your smile as you felt your heart clench just looking at the man.

"Kuzan-san was important to me. He leaves the marines, I do too."

"AM I NOT IMPORTANT, (Y/N)? YOU SWORE TO ME, HELL AND BACK, YOU WOULDN'T GODDAMN LEAVE MY SIDE!"

Suddenly, Smoker leaned across and grabbed the front of your shirt; yanking you forward so you were inches from his face. Each ragged exhale he took bounced off of your face as you watched his eyes widen in anger as his sunglasses had fallen to the table with a clatter. The hold on your shirt was turning his knuckles white, but as he watched you curve your lips into a smile, he loosened his fist. The pain in his eyes was evident, even when you just smiled away.

"I wish I could come back to you, Smoker, I really do. But I've gone too far to come back now. Look around you, we're on your ship bound for Impel. There's no where for me to run and nowhere for me to hide."

The man pulled from holding you, moving around the table until his stood behind you. He didn't want to see the sad smile on your face, he just wanted nothing more than to hear your voice. Even he flinched at the solemn laugh which ripped your throat.

"For now, just kiss me like nothing happened."

There was a muteness which spread throughout the cold room, making it feel like only you and him existed in the world. That was until the softest form of a humph slipped his lips as you watched his shadow cast from behind you and off to your side. The pressure of your chains around your wrist was causing you to wince in slight pain until they fell as Smoker crouched before you: lining with your height.