Augur x reader | a Little Bit Crazy

Request by JuliAra_Ara !

Since the fateful time when your captain had been given the title of Warlord, not one living being didn't know the name of your crew. Even if he might not have held that title long, his fame still only grew. You and the rest of the Blackbeard pirates rose with that podium.

Since day one, you had made sure to stay loyal to your captain. Being a firm believer in fate like the rest of your crew, you knew it was your duty to serve under him. After all, he had been the only person to not doubt you. Not even once. Many people were terrified of him, hated him; but you only saw him as a strong-willed man who was fit to lead people like you.

Even when the Ten Titanic Captains were established, he never doubted you. Being one of the original members of his crew, he offered you a place as one of the captains - only for you to turn him down. You were a follower, not a leader. You were just comfortable as you were; powerful enough to make a statement yet not influential enough to end up spending all of your time leading others.

So following this, you ended up being placed under the captain of the third ship: Van Augur.

Augur was an alright guy. He was rather laid back and pretty relaxed; serious about his job and tremendously skilled in his area. Although you were quite a handful as a person, finding every other thing hilarious and having unrivalled agility-based power, he didn't seem to mind you all that much. But he never seemed to care, either.

At the beginning when it was only a few of you under Blackbeard's command, you often stuck by Augur. Of course, he wasn't to be considered close to you, but knowing there was someone near to your age who you could take joy in annoying was your idea of fun when you were bored. Alongside of that, Augur was always there to pull you out of trouble - sometimes literally as you went too far on occasion. You guessed that must've been the reason your captain decided Augur was the right leader for you to be captained under.

However, the more time you spent with the man, the more you ended up beginning to feel differently about him. Even if he was cold and didn't want to talk, even if he was quiet around you, you couldn't help but want to spend time with him.

During the day, you would always be pretty bored - wandering the halls of Augur's fleet ship and making sure everything was in check. You were, in a sense, his second in command: the rest of the onboard crew holding respect for you and knowing not to mess with you. Much of your day was spend doing whatever you liked, annoying Augur very much included in that. Not like he got annoyed, though. He always just sat up at the table in the main room and leaned on his arm as he listened to you prattle on about whatever came to mind.

"You know what else? And then this guy looked at me like an idiot! Like whaat? I only accidentally might've killed your wife but that's far beyond my control."

Laughing to yourself, you were sat with both of your legs up on the table; right across from Augur who was silently just sitting there, eyes closed as he tried to drown out your annoying chat. Like usual, it was around late evening when all the rest of the ship would be either on watch or in bed. But both you and the fleet ship's captain were up and not going to sleep anytime soon. It was on this particular day, when you were more than determined to make him speak to you. You just wanted to get closer to figuring out how you felt about him, it was pretty much just eating away at your insides.

Laughter dying down, you sighed contently and placed both hands behind your head. Augur's hat and cloak were both off and hung up on the far wall, his glasses were pushed up onto his head. His rifle, Senriku, was propped against his end of the table: shining away gleefully in the low lighting.

"I wonder what is coming up for us, hm? It seems that since the death of that old Whitebeard, we've all been a little preoccupied with things that might not matter."

"You say this because?"

For a moment, your small smile widened upon hearing his uninterested yet slightly-demanding voice.

'Ah, so the silent speaks.'

"Well, I don't know. I said what I said, and I say what comes to mind."

You slid your gaze down from where you were looking at the ceiling, having your (e/c) eyes connect with his as he gave you a blank look. Both of his hands were on the table intertwined as he watched you smiling away at yourself. Intently, you tried to find any hint of change in his features. Usually he would be pretty blank and the only time you saw change was when he was engaged in battle.

"If this is you trying to mess with me, it's not working."

A loud laugh left your lips as you moved your hand to rest upon your stomach, doubling over slightly and kicking your feet off the table and back to the floor. Augur was just watching as you had your eyes closed, wiping a stray tear away.

"Mess with you? Never-"

At the sound of a gun clicking, you instantly quietened down. You looked up to see the muzzle of Senriku cocked in your direction, Augur's hand around the grip as it faced you. Hands going up in the air jokingly, the man lowered the weapon from across the table. Of course, you did catch the miniature smirk on his face as he knew he had won that argument.

"What do you actually want, (y/n)?"

Just by actually addressing you by your name, Augur immediately gained your attention. It was odd, hearing him speak your name when he was always so cold towards you; not even so much as speaking back when you spoke to him usually. His hair was up, not something he would usually do during the day - but something you realised he liked to do when it got later in the day and he had no more jobs to do. He was also seemingly a little curious, not impatient but still waiting for an answer.

"I just wanted you to talk to me, that's all."

"And why would that have anything good come out of it?"

The smile on your face widened, but your brows creased into slight disappointment as you sighed loudly. You watched as Augur just gazed at you from across the long table, drumming his fingers on It's surface. Maybe you did like him more than you thought you did originally.

"Augur, you aren't this dumb."

You knew he knew how you felt, it was obvious. Why else was he the first person you decided to spend time with on a daily basis?

Then, you saw a tiny smile rise onto his lips as he shrugged jokingly.

"I guess I'm not. But what're you going to do about this?"

"Ask you out."

No hesitation. You were a straightforward woman to the point you knew no filter or limit; in battle or in words. For the first time, you heard a small chuckle come from him.

"You really are a little bit crazy."

~~~

17.02.2021

Author's Notes

Hello!

Augur was one person I've never written for, so it was a good challenge. I hope it was enjoyable!

Although I don't have much to say today, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thank you all!

Cya

- TransponderSnail