Oven x reader | Daring

I've never really been proud of this one, but I hope you all enjoy nonetheless!

"(Y/n)-san, I'm not so sure you should..."

What was life worth without living it a little on the daring side?

As kitchen staff working diligently at Whole Cake Chateau under Streusen in all of his manic ways, you were expected to produce the best of the best when it came to baking without so much as even a say. What the head chef says, goes. That was the rule that you were obliged to follow.

Rules?

What rules?

You certainly didn't know any.

One of your co-workers who was getting on in age and was quite the kind old lady slowed her words when she saw you. Streusen had been out of the kitchen for approximately nine seconds and you had gone straight for the chocolate drops in the cupboard.

"Swouldn' wot?" (Shouldn't what?)

Through a large mouthful of chocolate, you gave the most cheeky grin to the woman. Almost every other colleague was simply not involving themselves, a few rolling their eyes and even muttering under their breath about your troublemaking tendencies.

First fof, you always liked to get into the food. Head chef gone one second, the half ingredients which you deemed edible the next. Not only that, you decided that the usual chef's uniform wasn't your thing; buttons done alarmingly low to the point you practically looked like a whore in cook's cloth.

The woman decided to step away, shaking her head with a small tut as you bounded to your feet. Dusting yourself down, you hopped back over to your work station and carried on. Through your strange ways, you even earned a few glares. However, the chefs' irritation always melted away when they saw you baking.

It was always beyond incredible how you worked. Honesty, it was surprising that you were even a troublemaker at all. That was your saving grace in the kitchen, the thing which kept Streusen from kicking you out on multiple occasions. Although those who you worked with hated admitting it, you had to be almost to the level the head chef himself was at. Almost.

Your hands would move over the dough you kneaded with agility when you would make bread. Your measurements exact when you made cookies and your chocolate making skill was quite the thing to marvel at. There wasn't much that you couldn't make, not much that you hadn't perfected to a T.

"Anndd baking time!"

Sliding the multiple trays full of the most chocolatey cookies one could lay eyes on, you stood back and put both hands on your hips. You were proud of yourself, wiping away the beads of sweat which cling to your temples. Although you had gone through half an inhuman size packet of chocolate drops, no one could stay mad when you offered your help to them.

Your co-workers were grateful when you would help them get things done ten times faster even if they found you a little obnoxious. One particular man who you worked with was having a small issue getting a stupidly giant cake tin into an oven. You bent down to pick up the other side to help him haul it up, having little to no issue doing so.

"Oi, eyes up here."

Giving him the sweetest smile you could, you watched the man recoil slightly. When you bent down, he had gotten full view of your cleavage and you didn't miss that fact. It was always fun messing with people.

"S-sorry."

"Hey, does anyone know when Streusen-san went?"

One younger boy piped up from his workstation. It was true, the man had been gone for quite a while. Though to you, that was no issue. You shrugged, still grinning away as you sat on a table with a wooden spoon in hand.