Killer x reader | Psycho Killer

"Luffy, I'm going off for a bit! I'll see you later!"

The theme park of Sabaody Archipelago was pleasantly bustling. However from someone like you who preferred the quiet over such busy environments, you had had enough. Your captain, Monkey D. Luffy, was hard work as it was without having to deal with dreadful crowds of people. A few other crew members and the trio of Hatchan, Caimie and Pappag waved you a little goodbye as you begrudgingly weaved your way through a cluster of happy-go-lucky people to the exit.

"Are you sure (y/n)-chi should be going off alone?"

Caimie had this worried tone to her voice as she looked down at the beaming, young captain from over Hatchan's shoulder. Luffy turned while walking as he had his hands behind his head contently and gave her a trusting close-eyed smile.

"(Y/n) is one of the strongest people I know, it's okay!"

The young mermaid just had to take his word for it. She didn't doubt him, of course: she had witnessed a small arsenal of your abilities in combat when the lot of you were stalled by Duval. Caimie giggled lightly, thinking how stupid of herself to have doubted you.

You head felt less like it was spinning in a full circle and more relaxed as you beetled off out of the main area of attractions. A sigh had left your mouth as you seated yourself on top of a bench you found over by one of the mangrove trees. Everything about that day had been extremely tiring; from the whole trip to the knowledge of there being other Supernova like your captain on the archipelago. They seemed too much effort and you didn't want to have to deal with them at current. Sure, you believed you yourself could knock one to their knees, but you really didn't want to have to test that when you were so socially drained.

What made you such a special fighter was neither the heavily-spiked ball mace larger than your figure at your side or your raw power, it was the speed which you executed your moves with. Many people when meeting you thought you were just simply lazy and ready to sleep whenever, but that soon changed when they fought you. There was obviously room for improvement, but you were doing well.

Already, it had been a good ten minutes since you decided to sit and then lie across the bench. The area was quiet so you weren't expecting many people at all to come and disturb your nap. The only thing you were aware of was the main town of Sabaody - a rioting and bustling place which you did not want to associate yourself with just as much as the theme park. You lay with your hands behind your head with your weapon at your side, giving literally no shits to the slowly-growing noise of crowds which came from the main street.

"I don't think sleeping around here is smart."

Suddenly, you whipped your mace up in front of you, not even batting an eyelid as it clashed with something else that sounded metallic. A groan left your lips as you stretched out, sitting up slowly and pushing away your surprise attacker with ease as you rubbed your eyes with a pout.

"Hey, that's not very nice! A girl can't even get her sleep around here, I swear!"

You heard a deep hum, cracking your eyes open and pushing yourself off the bench to look at who was talking to you. Swinging the mace around so it was leaning over your shoulder, you looked at the figure in front of you.

"That's pretty presumptuous coming from someone who should be paying more attention to their surroundings."

From where you stood, you could see the man speaking to you. He had a curious blue and white striped mask which could've been classed as a helmet as it concealed the large majority of his head. Soft and golden hair flowing down his back, pretty long and juxtaposed the built body of his. Both of his hands which had gauntlets with scythe blades attached to their outer sides were crossed over - honestly you wondered how they weren't digging into him crossed like that.

"You're "Massacre Solider" Killer, no?"

"You seemed to be knowledgeable, "Mace-bearer" (y/n)."

A grin lit up your face. You liked when people were well-informed, it cut the bullshit right out.

"That mask of yours intrigued me, I couldn't not wish to meet you."

He stepped closer to you like this was just a casual conversation and he didn't just try and cut you up mid-sleep. He was quite a bit taller than you, towering you slightly as you smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I wanna know what you look like without."

Killer's shoulders shook as if he was laughing, seemingly finding what you were saying funny. No one was ever this bold when asking him about the mask and no one was quite as brave as to not back away when he came towards them.

"No can do, gotta be lucky."

You raised an eyebrow.

"What? Gotta get you in bed or something?"

Teasingly, he placed a finger under your chin and tilted it upwards so he could see into your mischievous (e/c) eyes. Of course you couldn't see his, but you could feel his gaze all over you.

"You telling me you want a round? I'm a Kid Pirate, we aren't known to be gentle."

"And I'm a Straw Hat Pirate. Our captain and crew might seem soft but I promise you if you fuck us over, we'll do better than the devil on getting you back."

Killer hummed deeply, moving your head left and right as if inspecting you closely.

"Touché."

"Oi, Killer!"

His hand was dropped from your chin as you both looked in the direction of a sadistic-looking redhead who was walking over to you. His smirk seemed to be pretty tattooed onto his painted lips but it dropped when his eyes connected with yours.

"Caught a rabbit, Killer? What's one of Mugiwara's crew doing here with you, eh?"

Answering for the man, you turned to the one and only Eustass "Captain" Kid and placed the mace-free hand onto your hip with a smirk to rival his.

"Just checking out your second in command here, but I was just about to leave."

Kid's tangerine eyes looked you up and down once before he cocked a non-existent eyebrow.

"You what?"

Giggling, you moved away from Killer who followed your actions as your back faced the both of them and their oncoming crew. Killer still had his arms crossed but was unknowingly to you just checking you out from behind, a low whistle leaving his mouth.

"Well, it's my time to go. Catch you in the New World, psycho Killer!"

And with that, you left. The Kid pirates and their captain seemed to be pretty baffled at your weird ways while Killer himself watched you disappear off into the edge of town.

"Looks like you got a lady to chase in the New World, Killer!"

Kid was teasing his friend out of pure entertainment and was pretty surprised when he just heard Killer's distracted reply as he stared at the corner you went around.

"Yeah, I do."

~~~

03.02.2021 (Happy Belated Birthday, Killer! (02.02.2021))