Law x reader | Shut Up

"Okay!"

"WHAT?"

At the sound of Luffy's extremely quick and consenting words, the jaws of every member of his crew along with the guests on board dropped. There, standing in the gathering of friends, was someone new to the crowd - you.

"Mugiwara-ya, you can't just let her on board like that!"

The whole crew followed the accusing pointed finger of Trafalgar Law as he aimed his direction towards you. You were smiling away, leaning up against the rails with closed eyes as you listened to his conflicted opinion. To his words, Luffy only shrugged lightly; his crew at a complete loss for words due to their captains all-too-trustworthy attitude. Usopp swung around and gripped him by the shirt, tears almost shedding from his eyes as he begged his captain to throw you overboard or do something to get rid of you. Apart from the childish Captain, no one seemed overly inclined to have you travelling temporarily on the Thousand Sunny.

Why?

You were a Kid Pirate.

Law gritted his teeth as he watched the exchange of grins between you and the man he was slowly coming to regret calling an ally, his fists clenching too as he strode right up to you. The close-eyed smile was still etched on your features as the man towered you, giving you a glare which showed only half of his distrust and anger.

"Do one thing, (y/n)-ya, and I'll throw you overboard. If Eustass-ya ever complains to me, I'll kill him."

The rest of the people onboard watched the one-sided exchange with a new sense of surprise. They knew Law was a short-tempered and grumpy man, but they never expected him to be so touchy on the subject of you. But of course, it was because you were one of Kid's nakama.

It all began when you were separated with your captain and crew. You had gone off on a solo mission which was indirectly aiding Kid with his mission to topple the Yonko when your small ship was broken at sea. By the time you had found a way to get back on land, you realised that the only people who just so happened to be at the same island during that time was Mugiwara and his strange bunch.

"Good morning, Mugiwara."

With a cup of coffee casually sitting in your hands, you watched the happy-go-lucky man as he bounded out from the men's cabin. Since you had been staying on his ship, you were fortunate enough to share a room with the girls.

"Hi, kid-lady!"

A small laugh slipped your lips as you watched him dart up to the kitchen after acknowledging you with his weird nickname. To you, it was amusing to think that everyone just associated you directly with your captain and not with yourself. Hardly anyone was awake and it was just you, Sanji and Luffy who were. But as the morning dragged on, the amount of people on deck increased as everyone poured out of the cabins. Of course, there was one man who was not particularly looking forward to seeing you.

Law wandered out of the cabins with a small yawn, the ever-staying frown perched on his features as his sword flushed to his shoulder. His hat was covering his dark hair and he had his other hand shoved in his pocket lazily; taking a look around as if he was checking to see if anyone was there. Through his golden eyes, he couldn't see anything which would negatively impact his morning - or at least keep it to a minimum.

However, he didn't see you.

"Good morning, Traf-kun!"

Suddenly, Law's eyes went wide as he felt something which felt like hot liquid spilling down his front. Looking down, he saw your smaller form as you held an empty mug: the contents now on his shirt. Rage began to bubble inside of him as he snatched up the front of your jacket and hauled you towards his angry expression. Your feet slightly left the ground, but your smile was still there as you feinted shock upon your features.