Cracker x reader | as Nutty as a Fruitcake

"How is my number one most favourite man in the world?"

Cracker was, for once, diligently working at his desk which spanned a good portion of his office room. He lifted his head to meet your eyes as you stepped into the room through the tall and regal door. The usual grin cracked across his features as he leaned back in his chair and threw his hands out to the side with a chuckle.

"Number one? I thought that would be Katakuri-nii?"

His eyebrow lifted as you shut the door, bounding into the room and placing yourself down on the surprisingly plush sofa that was pushed into the corner of the room. You placed one leg over the other and rested into the arm, one hand pressed into your cheek as you leaned upon it.

"Oh, Cracker. You do jest!"

Strong snickers left your throat as he placed his arms behind his head, the grin still plastered on his face as he closed his eyes.

"I wasn't joking, but, I see."

You gave the man a hard stare which caused one of his baby-pink eyes to open; looking over at you with a hum.

"What?"

"Seriously? Wait do you actually think I like Katakuri more?"

Cracker pushed himself from the desk chair and circled his desk so he sat at the front of it, leaning against the fine wood with crossed arms. He shrugged lightly as you gave a confused stare and sat up properly, no longer against the arm.

"Ever since you joined this crew I'm sure mama is set on marring you to Katakuri. Oven was a choice but he objected."

"Hey, it isn't my fault he literally tried to fry me alive within a day of knowing me just because I compared him to an angry fire ant!"

A chuckle left the purple-haired mans mouth as you sighed loudly, shuffling so you placed your knees up against your chest.

"I don't want to marry someone I don't know. I've never even opened my mouth around Katakuri, let along spoken to him."

The voice that came from your lips was muffled by your arms which leaned on your knees. Your head was turned sideways and was resting in them as you huffed with a good bit of force.

It wasn't something you wanted to remember.

The way you had accidentally waged war against the Big Mom pirates because you picked a fight with Smoothie who had come across your crew's ship and tried to annihilate the damn vessel. You were then unpleasantly taken away to where the Yonko herself was situated in the chateau. She had not only forced you to join the crew but taken a good chunk of your life away... yet you weren't complaining as anything was better than death; the world hadn't tasted your name enough. Not yet, at least.

"If you could pick, who would it be?"

You felt the other end of the sofa dip slightly; opening your eyes to see the Cracker had sat at the opposite side. His arms were draped over the back of the sofa yet both of his feel were planted on the floor. His head was tilted to the ceiling as he drummed his hand on the back of the sofa, his teeth-baring grin on his face.

It was such a strange grin.

Slightly lopsided and definitely not the type of grin you wanted to see in a fight - it only meant havoc. His hair was always funny to you, you had only seen it fully down and out of its intriguing style once or twice: the full length of his plum coloured hair which fell down his shoulders in waves from the up do's strain. He had sharp eyes in such a cotton-candy shade of pink, completely juxtaposing his hard exterior. And talking of exterior, boy was he built like a god.

"Hm?"

The eyes of candy moved onto yours as he noticed you staring. A crimson blush exploded on your face as you buried your face back in your arms. Surely he wouldn't let that slip, not in a million years.

You got your answer to whether he saw or not when your heard him move, a warm yet gloved hand latching onto your wrist and suddenly tugging you sideways. A gasp left your lips as you felt a warm surround against your half-exposed back, only wearing a short tank top.

Looking around and up, you noticed you were in Cracker's lap; his gloved right hand holding your wrist and his left holding you around the middle. His strong and toned chest was against your back as you flushed a bright red as you flustered. His breath was against your neck as he slid his hand down from your wrist and into your hand - intertwining his fingers with yours.

He squeezed your hand lightly.

"I'm asking because I don't want to lose you."

His lips connected with your neck as he kissed you apologetically, as if it were his fault you got dragged into all of this when actually he was glad he met you.

Sure, he was as nutty as a fruitcake and as strong as a thousand men. But that didn't stop your heart from telling you who you were bound to fall for.

~~~

29.01.2021

Author's Notes

Wow! Today has been productive. Along with working on Double-Dealing, I am working on something else... 👀. No matter.

I hope you enjoyed and make sure that in these times you look after yourself! Thank you to all those who enjoy my works and know I am always here for you no matter what you are going through.

Thank you and have an amazing day!

- TransponderSnail