Thatch x reader | From the Bottom of My Heart

"TEECH IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"

Tears streamed down your face as you struggled in Marco's strong grip as he attempted with every fibre of his being to hold you back. Your yelling and lashing caused your throat to grow dry, your voice hoarse as you despaired.

"Kill me? Joining my crew is easier, trust me, sweetheart!"

At the man's laughter, you only seethed through your teeth as your eyes became bloodshot from your enraged expression. Marco was saying your name, trying to keep you from lashing out at the man as every person on the battlefield overlooked what was happening. Whiteboard was dead, Ace too, and you were not having any of it.

Nothing.

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU, IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU! I SWEAR ON MY DAMN LIFE, IM GOING TO KILL YOU!"

Blackbeard's crew and he himself only watched as you shouted your head off, the marines and pirates surrounding also observing your limitless struggle. You could hear your breathing loud in your ears as you screamed obscenities at the man.

"(Y/n), please-"

Marco huffed at the sheer force you were pulling away from him, letting out a grunt as you managed to wiggle free. A loud scream of yours echoed as you dashed towards your once nakama as he smiled a smile which only meant ill. You unsheathed the longsword which was held across your back as you advanced. The war was long over, but you still only saw red.

"(Y/n), enough!"

Vista was quick to move towards you, deflecting your outwards sword as you collided with his chest - the man uttering a grunt as you barrelled into him. Marco was strong, but Vista's raw power was stronger as he was easily holding you back. Like a bull to a cape, you only saw your target as you screamed. But those screams slowly died down, along with your struggle.

And then everything went silent: silent except your heart wrenching sobs which rang out as Vista held you, his teeth gritted. The man didn't ever want to have to hear his little sister, his only sister, in such pain. The cries that you let out were painful to hear as you had fallen to your knees with only your brother to hold you up.

The ringing laughter of the man who had killed your father, your brother and your lover spread far over the desolate battlefield in triumph. Nothing was as sickening to hear than his words that still taunted you.

"Relax, my dear (y/n)! Just come with me and we can rebuild all of this together, whaddya say?"

Nothing made Marco want to rip of the grin on the man's face than the words he said. How on earth's poor soul could he say something like that to you? Everyone hurt, they really did, but he had taken it one step too far with you. How, after all that had happened, could he still gun for the girl who was his victim's lover?

"Don't say anything else, Teech!"

Marco clenched his fist as he shouted up to the man. He was beyond angry, but unlike you, he was able to keep a calm exterior. He had to do it for you. Vista was walking towards the blonde, your sleeping body after you had no tears left to cry in his arms. Raising one eyebrow as his arms opened wide, Blackbeard laughed once more. His eyes met with Marco before he turned his back, making his words loud for his old nakama to hear.

"Tell our little (y/n) she will see me soon, mark my words!"

'Thatch, I'm sorry. I couldn't protect him.'

Although, your dark mind never saturated. Those words were not heard by your ears, only pinned to your heart. No one was as presumptuous as the man you once called nakama, the man who had killed too many you loved to be forgiven.