Akainu x reader | the Meeting Room

You were late.

Late for the one goddamn meeting you had that week and needed to attend no matter what.

The corridors became a blur to you as you sprinted at top speed down towards the meeting room from your office. Subordinates of yours gave you odd looks, some yelping as you almost toppled them as wind rushed past you. It was literally already beginning, the guards outside of the huge meeting room door panicked in seeing you and moved as fast as they could so you didn't push them out the way yourself.

You thought you made it as your hands connected with the heavy wooden doors, pushing them open with great force. Everyone in the room looked around at you - both hands holding the doors wide open and panting like you just ran the grand line twice. At the head of the table was Akainu, the new Fleet Admiral, and he looked largely unimpressed with your entrance. Thankfully he didn't look too pissed and you hoped he would let it slide.

Straightening up and clearing your throat, you closed your eyes and composed yourself as you walked around the long table and seated yourself off to where your co-worker Garp sat. You slid down into the chair between him and a very disappointed Momonga, sighing loudly at your unruly and dramatic entrance.

"(Y/n), you really ought to be on time to meetings."

The plum-coloured long hair of the man moved as he shook his head, worried honestly for your well-being and job in general. You gave him a side-eyes glance with a small smile, trying not to look like an idiot after having made such a fool of yourself.

The meeting got on just fine. Each person gave their input on things mainly to do with big named pirates that were being an issue, taking the meeting pretty seriously considering the emergence of it. You had your go at talking, going on about specifically the Doflamingo incident that incurred Fujitora to punishment; unable to set foot in any navy base.

Throughout the meeting, you found yourself getting rather distracted by someone. Okay, most definitely you were getting distracted because a certain fleet admiral whose name began with Saka and ended with zuki kept flicking his line of vision onto you. You didn't think anything of it at first, thinking that his actions were purely because you had been late and he would scold you for it any chance he got. But as you looked back up to him from jotting something down onto your notebook's lined paper with your fountain pen, his eyes seemed to look you up and then down as he leaned back in his chair comfortably. Unfortunately for you, he one-hundred percent caught your cheeks flaring up into a deep red as somewhat of a large smirk crawled on his face.

The last person to speak, Vice Admiral Bastille, had finished his proposition and sat down. He was one of the last people to speak as the time for the end of the meeting was coming closer. And with that, Akainu addressed the room.

"We can talk on these matter another time. We need to start thinking about how we are going to prepare for the Reverie and combat the issues on Doflamingo later."

There was a pause as he shuffled his papers, lining them neatly and upright in a pile before sitting back further in his chair - leaning on one arm - to take a drag on his cigar. His gaze scanned the room before it fell completely on you.

"As for now, you are all dismissed,"

Everyone began to get up, giving a 'yes sir' or simply just putting their jacket on again. This was just before he spoke once more.

"With the exception of Vice Admiral (y/n)."

From next to you, Momonga gave you this knowing sigh before joining the rest of the room in leaving - you left behind to fidget awkwardly in your seat in front of the man who could literally fire you for being late. The room began to fully clear at last, the chatter of the other marines muffling as the last person closed the door shut behind them.

You didn't dare look at the fleet admiral, genuinely worried that one, he was about to give you some form of warning for being late and two, that he caught you staring. What the hell could you say! If he doesn't want one small vice admiral with a massive crush on her superior to act out of place in a meeting, he should keep from looking at her himself!
In that moment, the wall seemed highly interesting as you looked at it from where you sat; down in your lap you were fiddling with your thumbs awkwardly while trying to look like the professional you were.

"Distracted, are we, vice admiral?"

"No, sir."

You heard the creak of his chair as a bead of sweat rolled down your forehead in reply to his movement.

"Then why, of all times, did I catch you staring at me more than at your colleagues and notes?"

Sweet lord, this was about to cost you your dignity and job.

"W-well, I..."

Yeah, good going. Stuttering only makes it look worse. You hitched your breath and looked from the corner of your eye to see that he was walking around the table towards you.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

Something you want to tell him?

'Yes, Akainu, sir. I have fallen hopelessly in love with you even if you are both my superior and colleague.' Because that is what you could tell him, right. What were you supposed to do when he was walking towards you in an agonising pace and your mind was thinking how doomed you were but stress?

"N-nothing sir."

That was when you felt his hands touch your shoulders - gripping them slightly as he moved down to his lips where by your ear and you could smell the smoke from his cigar. Your heart sped up so much you were more than sure you were about to have some kind of heart attack, a shiver falling down your spine as he lowly chuckled.

"Because I'm pretty sure the looks you gave me weren't all innocent."

Fuck it.

"No, sir. They weren't."

You didn't even hesitate when he had spoken with such quiet words as his breath fanned your ears. Another chuckle came from him as he slid his hands away from your shoulders and swivelled your chair so you faced him. His hand went to your chin and tilted it upwards enough so he could see your red cheeks.

"Then we're on the same page, (y/n)."

~~~

02.02.2021

Author's Notes

Author's husband time!

Seriously you lot know how much I love Sakazuki. Honestly he's so 😳 I... I can't say it I'll implode from the heart out.

GaH HUSBAND TIME

Anyway...

Have a good day!

- TransponderSnail