200k Reads Special: Q&A!

There comes a point where you stand back, look and you work, and realise that you have actually done it.

You have made yourself proud.

This book is no exception and although I may struggle with uploading as the tides of the life I live keep changing and the currents continue to jostle me - I am proud of myself for creating such a thing. Something of a community, too. Never in my life did I think putting words and thoughts to a page would bring so many people together and never did I think I would have two-hundred thousand reads on something that I have written.

Thank you, I cannot physically say it enough as I would probably end up dead before I can finish.

I know you will all be wanting me to upload a shot rather than something as subjective as a question and answer, I will bring something for you eventually so do not fret. For now, however, let me answer a few questions I have been asked.

Hopefully this will be insightful and give you a deeper look into the mind of TransponderSnail.

Q&A

Q: "How do you deal with writer's block?"

A: Writer's block isn't easy, I know that as well as the next writer. For me, it's finding inspiration in the little things that aids me. Anything from songs, settings, occupations, personalities and so on can be inspiring. Be original and unafraid. Start small as well - don't push yourself. Always plan ahead when you do have inspiration, however. One last thing, don't let yourself get stumped; always make sure to enjoy writing as much as you can!

Q: "How do you write more than 1000 words a day?"

A: Dedication. I put a good chunk of the little free time I have into writing. I make sure I have a goal, usually around 2000 words a day which I get is absurd, and I try my best to complete it. Not everyone has to do so much, to mention. It's about what you want to achieve today and remember: no one can tell you what you can and can't do.

Writing is a free art.

Q: "How do you write so fluently? There's so much grace and flow to your works, how long have you practiced writing?"

A: First of all, I thank you for such kind words. I appreciate it. Though I'm going to say it straight up - I ramble. Whatever happens in my mind, I put it down without hesitation. Editing comes later. Though getting down to the technical stuff, making sure each paragraph links is truly integral. (E.G., what you write as the last sentence of one paragraph must link to the first sentence of the next for flow.)

Furthermore, layout is super important too. Don't make the mistake I made for a long time, which is make speech blocky and spaced. Structure not only determines the reader's focus, but also the mood of the entire story. Believe me.

As for the next question, I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember. Fanfiction, not so much, that came into my life much later. Things take time and no matter how overused this saying may be - practice makes "perfect" (more like practice makes progress. Perfection shouldn't be what you strive for, improvement should be your goal. Nothing will ever be truly perfect in a world of diversity and everything is comprised of baby steps.)

Q: "WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT DONKEY KONG OR BOWSER."

A: I want to say Donkey Kong only because DK has been a big part of my family for a long time (my mother used to play DK in the 80s on the original Game & Watch series) but I'm more a Bowser kind of person myself. So there.

Q: "Bagels or croissants?"

A: Hard question. Croissants, probably. Pastries - especially cinnamon rolls as you may have realised in some of my books - are my favourite kinds of food.

Q: "What do you think of AUs?"

A: Most of you will know it took me a while to warm up to AUs - especially Modern AUs. Personally, I am not a great fan of them apart from Modern and the occasional soulmate AU. I don't object to them, they make way for creative input to a story, but the majority aren't my cup of tea. Modern would be favourite, "world switch" or literal alternate universes would be my least. (E.G., reader from real world goes to OP world. Respect to all whom enjoy, but they aren't my style.)

Q: "4:20, watcha smoking?"

A: Clean lungs gang.

Q: "How are you such a cutie???"

A:

C why
U why
T why
I why
E ustass as fuck

End

Thank you to everyone in my Discord server for asking me these questions! If anyone else would like to join in and be a part of the community, the link is in my bio.

Have a wonderful day my people and THANK YOU FOR 200k READS! I truly cannot thank you all enough.

Goodbye for now!

- TransponderSnail

(08.02.2022)