Doflamingo x (male) reader | Opposite Sides

It would be the one day of your entire life which you wouldn't forget. No amount of brain damage and no amount of amnesia would force you to bury how much you hurt that day.

The loud tick of your watch as your hands were shoved into your suit trouser pockets along with the heavy taps of your pristine, black work shoes as you walked on stone flooring echoed in the tight stairwell. Between your dark blue suited figure and each guard behind you, the only brightness which displayed in the dark area was from that of the white coat slung over your broad shoulders. "Justice" was what had branded the back of the proud jacket.

It was almost suffocating; you felt like your breath was caught within your throat as you went further and further down. Although, you never flinched or admitted your internal struggle. Even stepping into a large elevator didn't change the air around you. Each step and each movement that displayed itself felt slow, like time was fictitious - had not for the ticking clock on your wrist.

"Vice Admiral (y/n),"

Not even so much as sparing a glance to the guard conscientiously saluting towards you, you gave a gruff grunt in acknowledgement.

"We will be arriving on level six within the next minute."

There was no need for the man to inform you.

For someone who guards the most dangerous criminals on earth that inhabited the inhumane space, he was pretty tense in your presence. The clicking and whirring of cogs that powered the lift was the only sound which sliced the muteness, your brain also running loudly too - albeit unheard by the other two men.

It had been just as the man said, less than a minute, when the loud engineering of the elevator stopped with a short jolt; opening at the press of a button. The other two men motioned for you to exit, you doing so without having to be told.

"We will now escort you to the prisoner, sir."

The place was eerily quiet, no sign of life.

But from what your observation told you, the presence of hundreds, if not thousands, of dying flames and weak beings were surrounding where you walked. It was if both you and the guards were taking a walk in the park - strolling along yet ignoring the feeling of poor souls as they silently reached out. You could only wrinkle your nose at the scent of rotting flesh and of death itself.

The walk to your destination felt sluggish, as if ten ton weight held your ankles and you were dragging them along the freezing, stone flooring you stood on.  You would never expose how you felt by expression, but the rising sense of both dread and numbness held you hostage in your own mind. It was like your heart clenched and your blood ran frigid.

Only your haki told you how close you were to what you had come for. You could feel the power, the blood and all of the hate from where you stood; yet also the pride and the amusement, the manic likewise.

"The cell which you want to visit is behind these iron doors,"

One of the guards who was much smaller than your tall and built figure pointed a bony finger towards two massive and thick, welded doors. It was exactly where the twinge of mixed emotions was directing you to.

"The prisoner is highly dangerous, we will be accompanying you-"

"There is no need."

The two guards looked on in shock from under their dark lenses glasses which slightly slipped from the bridges of their noses at the sight of you. Both of your hands took up the newly-unlocked door handles, pushing sharply on the metallic structures as you let yourself in. Behind you, they crashed shut; leaving the guards in astonishment.