Usopp x reader | You're a Lifesaver

"(Y/n)-SWAAAAAAAAAAAMA!"

The heavy door which lead to the workshop shared by the duo of Franky and (y/n) burst open to reveal a certain blonde man spinning his way into the smoke-filled room with a silver platter in his hand.
On said platter was an array of coloured drinks, suiting the taste of each crew member.
From behind a pair of goggles which were so big for her, a woman with blackened fingertips and (h/c) hair put down a flame torch which she was using to weld together two plates of metal.
Bringing her coal-stained fingers up to her goggles, she pulled them down so they fell round her neck; then pulling her hair out from being trapped under them.

"Oh hey, Sanji!"

Her bright smile made the man's heart beat quicker as she stood up to brush down her short dungarees that covered a light green crop top that had a hammer on the front of it. Coming towards her and bending down on one knee, Sanji offered the young lady a drink to which she picked a light-green one that had a kiwi in its side.

"A special Kiwi martini for a special mademoiselle~!"

She giggled at his words, sipping at the drink holding it with her hands after washing them with some hand gel.

"Thank you so much, Sanji!"

His eyes turned to hearts as he twirled back to the door. But before he made his way out, he turned to the working Blacksmith and gave her a slightly concerned look.

"(Y/n),"

She looked up from where she had placed down her half-finished cocktail and had just begun to sit again at her project. The man was taking a drag on his cigarette before he threw the box of them to her. (Y/n) took two and lit them with the end of the blower, smiling and throwing the box back to him.

"Thanks, man. I just ran out too!"

He chuckled at her usual antics of misplacing everything and forgetting where it was. He knew she never ran out, just put the box in an obvious place where she couldn't find it again.

"You need to come out of the workshop sometimes, it's good for you."

Looking with a frown at her project, puffing out billows of smoke, she turned back to him and smiled.

"You know what? Gimme five and I'll be out."

Sanji nodded and shut the door carefully as she carried on fixing up a few weapons that had been damaged in the last fights.

The sun was making the deck warm. Not warm enough to boil yet not cold enough to freeze: it was a perfect temperature. Luffy, Usopp and Chopper ran ragged around the ship laughing and playing who knows what as the girls chilled out by the railings.
Suddenly the door to the workshop slammed open and Franky looked towards it at his fellow workshop mate. Walking out of the smoke filled room she had a proud smile on her face as she stood, feet apart and arms crossed, with her two cigarettes clenched in her bright smile.

"Oh look, here comes miss lung disease!"

Laughed Nami jokingly.

"(Y/n)!"

With a couple of nods of her head, she pointed finger guns at Franky and he raised his eyebrow, waiting for her dramatic words.

"Guess who just finished up work..."

She posed like a kabuki actor and moved her head round and snapped it back to face him.

"ME!"

He opened his arms wide and she ran at him, falling into his large metal body as he ruffled her charred hair.

"That's my girl!"

They both laughed as she talked about the project which she just finished. Their smiles never left their faces as they exchanged conversation. The running around on the ship stopped as Luffy exclaimed his hunger and ran after Sanji in the kitchen while Chopper went back to his medical room. Usopp walked over to Nami and Robin and perched on the railings behind them, looking over to the cheerful Franky and (y/n). Although he was happy that (y/n) was finally happy again, his heart hurt that it was Franky, not him.
When they had first picked up the girl, she was almost as broken as it gets, not even a smile falling to her face, not even a word leaving her mouth. But that's how every slave of the Celestial Dragons had ended up... maybe something worse would of happened if they hadn't have saved the bright girl who was the same age as Luffy and Usopp, yet didn't experience the freedom they did.