Katakuri x reader | Rivalry

Elusive, you were.

Harder to catch than a slippery eel and faster than a sailfish - truly a human with abilities much above that of your kind. Albeit your power was fragile, your agility and speed was nothing short of astonishing. Nothing stood in your way as you powered the New World with one step ahead of everyone else. "Dart" (y/n): one of the most valuable members of the Beast Pirates and a pirate far more dangerous than that of most. That's who you were, as well as being impossible to catch. Impossible to catch, but one man had come close.

Power was a thing loved by the Charlotte Family, the Big Mom Pirates. And no man did power and prestige better than Charlotte Katakuri - the second son of Charlotte. His power of the mochi mochi no mi made him able to withstand almost anything; his raw strength being no joke in itself. Everyone knew the feud between the Emperors of the Sea, Big Mom and Kaido, and that getting on top of each other's crew was a big thing. That included the rivalry between both you and Katakuri: the ongoing battle.

"Missed me again, Mochi man!"

Laughter slipped your lips as you speedily avoided his attack. The man had lunged at you with his trident bared; thinking he had finally got to you when you then slid under the weapon. The grin which was stretched wide on your features only grew more bright when the man came at you again.

Katakuri faced you with his weapon, pushing it forward with a rotation to the hit as it came alarmingly close to your body. His future sight had already anticipated your evasion, working a punch to the direction in which you would be next appearing. However, you were just one step ahead of him.

You had missed his joust of the trident, sliding to one side where his punch came zooming towards you. His large fist was within inches of your face before you completely disappeared from sight. Cotton candy eyes scanning the area, Katakuri looked around to see where you had gone - the silence disconcerting. He had realised where you were when his observation haki gave a twinge which indicated your position.

"Yahoo!"

From above, you had one leg out and one tucked to your chest as you came soaring down upon him. He heard the sound of your leg cladding in armament, knowing if it was to hit him he would be out for the count. Unfortunately for you, he was just as fast as you to realise this wasn't going to work as he moved.

Your leg shot out in front of his face as his hand reached out to take your ankle, thinking of a split second plan to take you down all in one shot. His grip had almost closed on your ankle when you were rapid enough to pull your leg up just in time. The grin on your lips widened ever so slightly as you heard a rather irritated growl rumbled from his throat.

Nothing ruffled Katakuri, nothing made him angry in battle. He was usually the one winning: Except when it came to you.

The sound made you all the more willing to finally attempt to take him down. Bouncing along from your hands to your feet as you propelled yourself backwards and away from the man, you stopped short and faced him. Both of your hands placed on your hips, watching as the man angrily glared at you with those sharp and defined eyes.

"Struggling to catch me still, 'kuri?"

"Don't call me by such a name, Dart."

It was lucky the island you had both met on was empty. Your fights often broke out whenever your ships met; the onboard crews pulling out immediately. Katakuri didn't quite know why he was so intent on defeating you, you had no clue why you wanted to defeat him. It was like an endless game of chase.

Sometimes it even got to the point where your crews would wonder if it was just all fun and games to both you and the man, not so sure why this rivalry began or even how it started. Kaido and Big Mom hadn't met in a long time, so you and Katakuri both were like the strange bridge between that feud; the representatives for the arguments.