Akainu x reader | Home Again

Note: Father!Akainu x Mother!reader

"I need the cargo on the left side of the port, not the right!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

Headquarters of New Marineford was getting ready for the Reverie that was taking place in only a week. The whole island was in shambles as many Marine soldiers and their superiors rushed about making sure that all ships were ready for the next week's departure. And in the middle of one of the many docks stood a woman with a white coat over her shoulders and (h/c) hair. Her arm was outstretched in a point as she directed cargo and subordinates to each chosen direction, shouting instructions.

"Busy, huh, Vice-Admiral?" Someone came up behind her and chuckled, standing next to her and overlooking her work. The greying man looked over at the woman as she had her hands on her hips and sighed.

"Definitely, Sengoku. I really didn't expect my help to be needed during the run up to the Reverie..." Her voice trailed off into another sigh as Sengoku enthusiastically slapped her on the back.

"And to think you only just got back, as well! You haven't even seen the fleet admiral yet, no?" Sengoku raised an eyebrow at the small smile on the woman's face as she brought her hand up to her head in a sigh.

"No, I haven't," the woman known as Vice Admiral (y/n) laughed lightly and looked out at her huge ship that was decorated with her name across the sails. "I haven't even seen-"

"Ohhh? (y/n)!"

"Mama!"

Being cut off by someone else's voice along with a smaller one, (y/n) turned around, Sengoku also doing so. When she saw who was there, her eyes widened and a huge grin came to her face. Who was standing there was Kizaru, smiling happily with a small child around three years old on his hip. Kicking away from the man and jumping down, the young child ran towards the woman who now crouched down and jumped into her open arms.

"Mama!" The boy giggled and laughed as he hugged his mother, his almost-black yet dark brown hair was in her face as she laughed. Wrapping her arm around the boy and picking him up, she held him on her hip and looked at the small child with his large (e/c) eyes. His miniature hands played with the tassels of her naval coat as she smiled.

"Have you been well behaved? I'm sure your Borsalino-ojisan has been ran ragged!" As she heard her son's laughter, (y/n) turned back to Kizaru with a massive smile.

"Borsalino, seriously thank you so much. I bet it's tough on him when I'm away and Sakazuki is so busy." To her words the older man hummed happily, waving his hand gently.

"It's okay. Strange how much he can act like Sakazuki sometimes, eh?" He chuckled and Sengoku and (y/n) sweatdropped - along with the other marines who observed this weird family gathering type thing going on.

"Well, I'm sure Sakazuki is looking forward to seeing you." Sengoku smiled as (y/n) walked towards the gates to the large building and waved to the old man and went inside.  The halls were echoing from the pair's footsteps, often subordinates saluting the Admiral and Vice as they went.

As a key fighter within the marines, (y/n) reckoned that it was her greatest achievement to have fought two years prior in the Paramount War, yet then, even her Son was only a one year old. She despised pirates with all of her living soul, especially after having her homeland completely turned on it's head by the fuckers. And after being away for the past six months chasing them, she wanted nothing more than to have even just an hour with her husband and her child.

Kizaru waved her off as he went along to his own office as she stood outside of the office which's door proudly boasted the sign, 'fleet admiral'. (Son/n) was extremely quiet as she knocked on the door, a low "come in" coming from the other side. And as she put down her child, she opened the door and he went running in at top speed. Before she stepped through she heard a chuckle and her son's laughter as he was seemingly being picked up as he was saying "higher! Higher, papa!"

Opening the door fully yet quietly, (y/n) smiled as she saw her husband with a small smile on his face as he picked up his son in the air and then put him down to go and run to the sofa in the corner and lie about. And with his small smile, that no one but
(s/n) and his wife got to see, Akainu turned towards her.

"Welcome back, (y/n)." Standing up from his leather desk chair, Akainu walked towards his lover and hugged her tightly as their son ran over and jumped up on the man who just picked him up over his shoulders. With his cigar blowing smoke and (s/n) giggling with small coughs on his shoulders, (y/n) sighed and leant into his tall figure softly.

"Borsalino must be worn out from him, huh?" She said with a tired laugh as the dark haired man placed a hand on the small of her back.

"If (s/n) is wearing him out, I recon he should retire." Akainu said coldly with a hint of amusement to which his wife flicked his chest jokingly.

"Oi, he does a lot for us, you know? But I mean, I've been out for too long and I missed you both so much," His fingers stroked her back as she sleepily spoke. "Going to other posts for checks and preparation for the Reverie is doing me in!"

Akainu chuckled lightly as he kissed the top of her head. "I have a few hours off to spend with you and (s/n)." (Y/n) smiled as (S/n) put the fleet admiral's treasured cap on his head and pretended he was a marine.

"I think I'll gladly take that up!"

~~~

02.12.2020