Sanji x reader | Sun this Bright

The last thing you could remember before the pain and the darkness took over was the ship as you dragged yourself up onto It's deck. Although it had already taken a lot out of you just to get back to Water 7 after surviving the Enies Lobby incident, you knew that you needed to get away from all of this. Even when it was the ship of the people who you were defeated by, it was better than being saved by comrades and going back to that hateful Cipher Pol Number Nine.

It seemed you were out for a long while. Nothing but troubled memories swarmed your mind which was overthrown by a coma - memories of all the training, the pain, the killing. Maybe it would be better if you just didn't wake up at all, to stay in a forever sleep so you no longer burdened anyone else with your dirty and bloodied hands. Even if you were to wake, you were sure the crew whose vessel you were hiding in, out cold, would dismiss you for causing their nakama so much pain. Although, you knew Nico Robin never deserved anything that had happened; knew it all too well.

Usopp wandered over to the cupboard under the stairs, whistling a happy tune as the soft breeze that ruffled his air flew around the deck. A small smile was on his lips as he took up the handle in his hands.

"Okay, spanner..."

Swinging the door open, he crouched down and began ferreting around the various crates in search of what he needed. The small room was so dark that he could hardly see - only using touch as an indicator. Usopp waited until what felt like cold metal touched his hand, finally meeting with the freezing object.

"Ah, here."

Lifting it up, he noticed that the thing wasn't budging. His eyebrows knitted in confusion as he tried tugging harder at the base of metal object. A small groan slipped his mouth as he pulled a little more; giving up completely within minutes. Fumbling around in his pocket, Usopp found a small touch; pressing the buttons a few times until it came on. Squinting through the darkness with the light aiding him, he shined the torch on the handle of the spanner.

Yet, it didn't seem to be metal.

His eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped open, the light slipping from his grip as he slowly back off. Head shaking in shock, Usopp fell backwards with a yell - causing a few crewmates to come rushing over at top speed. What he had seen was not the tool he was looking for, but a human hand.

The bright light hurt your eyes as you slowly cracked open your eyelids. Everything hurt, each limb and your torso felt as if there were ten ton weights pulling you down. Nothing was distinguishable; everything looked blurred and only a pained moan left your lips.

"Awake?"

Suddenly the sensation of something sharp began pressing into your neck, the panic making your eyes momentarily widen as you were forced to look at what had happened. Your ears were adjusting to noise, but you could hear a slight argument going on as what you could make out to be a sword's blade lifted from your neck. Trying to reach to hold your head, something was pulling you down at the wrists: restraints. They were also holding your ankles against what looked to be a doctor's bed while a group of people had you surrounded. Finally able to see straight, your eyes turned slowly to the side as one person caught your eyes.

'Mugi... wara?'

"What are you doing on our ship, (y/n)?"

The all too recognisable voice of a rather calm sounding woman made its way over to you, your eyes falling on her form. Her black hair was of night and her arms as they crossed over definitely meant no peace.

"Nico Robin..."

You had to force your gaze away and look up at the ceiling, trying your hardest to speak clearly when all that came out of your mouth was a dry crackle. There were tears pricking at your eyes as you tried not to cry, turning your head fully away and to the wall.