Akainu x reader | You Aren't Weak (P1)

This is set before timeline in the admirals' younger days, that's why marine titles for characters are different. P.S, quite a triggering one, beware!

All eyes in the dining hall fell onto one of the central tables when a sudden and loud bang echoed throughout the room.

"Wanna say that again, shitty-zuki?"

You snarled like a dog ready to bite, boot shoved in the middle of the table as you leaned on your knee with all your weight. There was this aura of pure rage radiating off of your body, one which caused a few people nearby to shift away in their seats. They really didn't want anything to do with you. But the man you were eye-level to, however, didn't even bat an eyelid.

"What, are you deaf and incompetent now?"

The man was rather casual with his snarky remark, leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest authoritatively. Whereas you further descended into anger, wasting no time in reaching forward to snatch up the front of his jacket. He didn't budge, of course.

"I'll show you competent, you bastard-!"

"Enough!"

Suddenly, your hand was ripped from his jacket as you were yanked backwards. Your eyes went wide at the sheer force of the pull, arms shooting up to grip at the hand holding you up by the scruff of your neck. Or rather, the back of your shirt's collar. You weren't quite a cat, even if you were as feisty as one.

"Put me down!" You shouted, whining like a child.

Sakazuki stared at you, watching as you were dragged away by none other than Sengoku. His face was drawn into a frown while you scowled harshly, thrashing about like some kind of animal. Really, you were similar to one. At least, you had the energy and anger one held.

The older man continued to sternly carry you out of the room, sure to berate you from the comfort of his office. He, much like many of your other superiors, was on the verge of scolding you until you felt like such an idiot that you didn't know your right foot from left. Not like you'd feel like one, though. You were tougher mentally - well, you'd like to think. But that wasn't the point. The scene was not an unusual one, and it often ended with your defeat to the hands of the Buddha.

"You two are always at each other's necks, I can't imagine how tiring that must be, no?"

Another man piped up from next to Sakazuki, giving a side-eyed and amused glance at the latter who scoffed harshly. The slightly younger brunette was close to rolling his eyes, but made the decision to stray from being petty.

"If she wasn't such a dim-witted woman with as much brain as she has brawn, I wouldn't have an issue." Sakazuki spat venomously.

The first man chuckled, going back to sipping at his coffee in silence. It was quite the scene for the morning, and even he could find a laugh from it. Although, a second man piped up, sending a disapproving glare in the direction of your nemesis. Nemesis? That was one was to put it. You would say you loathed Sakazuki.

"If you didn't spend half your time being rude to
(y/n), then we wouldn't have this problem."

"You don't have room to talk," the brunette snapped in the direction of the tanned man, who still frowned from behind his small sunglasses. "You hold that bitch on a pedestal."

That got Kuzan to stay out of the way, defeated and picking lazily at his food. It had had long since gone cold, the man previously too preoccupied with your welfare. Not like anyone else care much, of course. You were - once again - able to more than take care of yourself.

Sakazuki carried on, grunting irritatedly. "She shouldn't be acting like that when the meeting is coming up."

~~~