Killer x reader | Slip of the Mind

Your feet felt as if they were dragging along the floor at this point. Each glass in your hand, each tankard and each shot felt like one-thousand tons. Your eyes were just as heavy and drawing shut, seriously making you contemplate why you were still doing this.

Being a barmaid isn't all fun and games. Sure it was sociable if you picked the right area, interesting if you listened into the various stories, but that was about all there was to it.

"Oi, you."

Glancing up through your lashes, you noticed a man approaching you. Internally, you sighed. Externally, you put on a smile and straightened out.

"Hello, how may I help?"

The man looked you up, and he looked you down. You could feel yourself deflate, annoyed and bored of it. That look you knew all too well, especially as he was now leaning too comfortably against the bar's surface.

"I think you know how you can help, sweetheart."

"Wrong address. The brothel is down two doors to the right."

Without even thinking about it, the words slipped right out of your mouth. You didn't even alarm at your own rudeness, simply turning your back to face the cabinet of liquor to carry on your job. But even facing away, you could feel his eyes on your body. In no way were you the island's most beautiful, but you weren't short of it. You were used to the men being rather vulgar and distasteful in your bar, but there were some times that really did it for you.

Like now, as the man turned to a low growl and you saw his large shadow tower over you.

"What did you say, bitch?"

How quickly he turned. One minute he was being all sickly and attempting poorly to seduce you, the next he was snapping like a dog.

You just rolled your eyes, not stopping for a second as you wiped down one of the nearby glasses.

"Oh dear. I don't think you'd use that language around your mother."

"You what?"

At this point, it was an understatement to say you were poking the bear with the stick. You were really just beating the living shit out of it and leaving it to rot. To make yourself clearer, you turned around and huffed loud enough to get across to him.

"I said,"

You were trying not to drive a fist into his chest. Or worse.

"Get out before I do something I'll regret."

And what did he do, looking down upon this now-angry barmaid with a little too much time and not enough energy? He laughed. Loudly and in your very face.

Seems like you weren't quite getting the point across.

"What's a little thing like you gunna do? Bite my ankles?"

He leaned down so far, you could feel his breath on your face. It smelt like alcohol and cigars, making your nose wrinkle up. But you got over it quickly, crossing your arms over to emphasise the fact that you were not joking.

"Wanna see, mama's boy?"

The corners of his lips which were upturned into a smirk then dropped, twitching into a snarl. You didn't move, nor did you flinch, you just let him straighten out and take one step closer to the bar. His expression didn't last at all long - it quickly returned to a cocky grin. How you couldn't wait to wipe it off his face, it would be the first dose of entertainment in a long time.

"Wanna see you in my bed, yeah."

"Deal."

You spoke clearly, even some of the other patrons of your bar turned round in bafflement. Even the man himself seemed to be a little taken aback, but he didn't let it show too much.