Blackbeard x reader | I Hate You Too

The sun was setting over the horizon, little stars beginning to show themselves among the moon which was also coming out of hiding. All was calm on the waters of the New World, everything but the Moby Dick - where a party was always happening.

"(Y/n)! You want anything to drink?"

Ace shot you a bright grin from across the deck, in his hand a tankard of some kind of beer or rum. You begun reciprocating his cheerful look, cupping your hands around your mouth to shout back your answer when someone did the talking for you.

"Nah, she's okay!"

Pouting, you looked up at the man stood next to you as you punched his arm. He gave you an apologetic grin as you leaned against the railings in a huff.

"You're no fun, Teach."

He laughed his strange laugh, his shoulders shaking as he raised an eyebrow at you.

"(Y/n), it's seven in the evening and you're on your tenth pint, I'm surprised you're still stood upright."

A quick smile flashed across your features as you shrugged, hauling yourself from the railings to take a step inwards of the deck. Teach watched as you just walked ahead, admiring the fact you were still pretty sober with only a slight tint of red to your cheeks. He could only think to himself as he watched you snatch up your next drink.

'She's a strong woman.'

"(Y/n)?"

The door to your room creaked open ever so slightly as you glanced up from your small desk. You had reading glasses perched on your nose as you looked over their rim. Stood in the doorway was Teach, a grin on his face and a bottle of water in his hand. He threw it to you which you caught gratefully, leaning back in your chair so it tilted on its legs.

"Thanks! Damn, I've been needing this."

"Zehahaha, well, you have been in here all day. I was getting worried, you know?"

Shooting him an apologetic look, you leaned forward once more and took up your pen once more as you set it to a map's surface. He watched you writing down something which looked to be an island's title, as if you had completely the piece.

'She's also skilled.'

Thatch had finally found a devil fruit.

There was one rule regarding fruit on the ship ran by Whitebeard: if you find it, it's yours. You and everyone else were beside yourselves in wonder at the strange fruit which was a pitch black in colour could be.

"Ooh, I wonder what it is?"

You came close enough to the odd looking thing, getting on eye-level with the skilled hands of the ship's cook as he held it. There was a proud smile on his face which made you happy for him, happy he had found something so cool.

"Yeah, who knows. I should probably eat it later and see."

Marco looked to be quite interested in the fruit too, giving it a look over from a distance as Ace did too. They both stared at it long and hard, interested as to what it was. They had amazing powers, so you wondered what it could be.

"You always worry about me, but are you okay?"

Teach was sitting far from the others on the occasion of a party. Everyone was merrily dancing about and drinking until they dropped, usually the man would also do the same. You crossed your arms over and leaned on one hip, cocking your eyebrow with a tilt of your head. He only laughed.