Momonga x reader | Serious Buisness

Headquarters was never quiet.

There was always something going on or some mission being put in place; that or simply the working marines bustling about. What didn't help the constant unrest, however, was a certain duo of Vice Admirals.

"C'mon, please?"

"No."

Pouting, you crossed your arms over the best you could. The best you could for someone who was being dragged backwards down a corridor by a very stern man.

"Momo, pleaseeee?"

"Don't call me that, (y/n)."

Surrounding subordinates and co-workers watched as the two of you went by. Marines who hadn't been enlisted for all too long or Marines which had recently transferred to headquarters were staring in complete shock. Shocked at how the man simply dragged you by the back of your navy jacket as you were cross legged on the floor. Ones who had were used to your strange antics carried on or offered a sigh of defeat.

Turning around to look up at him, you almost felt the ends of his ridiculously long plum-coloured hair touch your forehead. Momonga didn't stop for a second, his sword slightly rattling against his belt.

"Please, I swear I won't do it again!"

Dragging you down the last leg of the corridor, the man stopped outside of the door which he intended to go to. You couldn't exactly see who's door it was because the name plaque was too far up for you to turn and look at. Momonga hauled you to your feet, gripping your upper arm to the point his nails dug into your skin even under your sleeves.

"Ow ow ow!"

The door slammed open as the stern man tugged you in through the threshold; still unable to see who's room you were in through your struggle. You were thrashing around so much that Momonga had to take a second to whisper for you to stay still through gritted teeth, grabbing your arm so you ended up closer to him. After composing himself, he faced the room once more.

"Borsalino-san, sir."

A chill ran down your spine at the knowledge that you were in an admiral's office, your surroundings only becoming clear as you opened your eyes back up after scrunching them closed.

"Oh?"

The admiral was casually sat in his chair, palm pressed into his cheek as he leaned on his elbow. His eyes were hidden slightly by the lenses of his sunglasses as he looked between you and the taller man.

"What have you both come here for?"

Without warning, Momonga put his hand on your head and forced you into a bow. He followed you, bowing as well in strict apology as you strained against his strong push with a huff.

"I have come to apologise in responsibility for this reckless idiot,"

You felt your colleague's eyes on you as you rolled yours playfully, a smile gracing your lips.

"She will be paying the damage done to your ship with her month's wage."

Groaning loudly, you shot back upright as the man removed his hand from your head. Your hair was slightly messed up, making you a little sulky. From the corner of his eye, Momonga noticed your hair and sighed. He reached out to flatten it for you, addressing Kizaru at the same time like he wasn't literally playing with your hair momentarily.

Kizaru looked between the two of you and raised a eyebrow, closing his eyes with a slight chuckle as he waved a dismissive hand.

"As long as it's fixed, hm?"

"You said you wouldn't do something idiotic like that again, but you got your whole vessel blown up!"

After having been out on duty which took you across Paradise for a few weeks, you came back to headquarters with injured men and a burnt arm. Luckily for you, the burn healed into a mild scar pretty quickly - not giving you any further issues. However the main issue was that your whole ship was destroyed and all of the imported cargo onboard was too.

Momonga, once again, was frogmarching you down the lengthy halls. His hand was wrapped firmly around your wrist, tugging you along as he hurried up flights of stairs. You were worn out, having only just recovered from the whole ordeal and spent a few days in a hospital bed. This time, you knew you were in a little bit more trouble than before as the door which slowly came into sight was one you dreaded entering.

The fleet admiral's office.

With a few brisk knocks on the door, both you and Momonga heard voices from inside the room which stopped the moment the sound resonated. A curt "come in" could be heard before the man stepped in, dragging you by the wrist after him. You were grumbling and whining loudly, not even shutting up when the highest ranking marine himself turned to address the both of you... before his jolly friend in the name of your colleague started laughing.

"What has the biggest problem in the Navy done this time?"

Sengoku sent an angered look towards Garp, the laughing man holding a bag of rice crackers like every other second of the day. Momonga just sighed loudly, letting go of your wrist. His eyes connected with yours and your shoulders slumped, a bandaged hand sliding down your face in regret. With slow and forced movements, you folded yourself in a bow of apology.

"I'm sorry for damaging all of the weaponry imports, Sengoku-san, sir. I will repay it all from my own wages."

Sengoku looked at you, processing your words. He took glances between you and Momonga, noticing how the latter looked supremely disappointed in you. With a quick sigh which caused you to raise your head, you watched as the fleet admiral pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers.

"Just don't do it again."

"I don't know why you're looking so pleased with yourself, (y/n). This has all been pretty serious business."

Momonga had his arms crossed over as he walked behind you, your hands behind your head as you casually wandered along. He was simply following you back to your office, making sure there was no way you could possible cause any trouble along the way.

The smile on your face turned to a grin as you stood before the door to your office. You swung the door open, letting it slam on the wall next to it as you waltzed in and sat on the edge of your desk. The plum haired man followed, shutting the door behind him.

Momonga closed his eyes with a huff, arms still crossed as he tapped his foot against the floor impatiently. He was stressed most of the time, you felt kind of bad deep down. But then again it was your fault for causing his stress; even if it was you just trying to get his attention.

Suddenly, Momonga stumbled back a bit as his eyes shot open in surprise at the feeling of a thud against his chest. He looked down to see (h/c) hair and a pair arms wrapped around his torso as he processed what happened. You had literally barrelled into him, hugging him tightly as he stood there. It took a moment for him to compose himself, tentatively reciprocating the hug as he lightly stroked your hair.

"Momonga, thanks for putting up with me!"

~~~

20.03.2021

Author's Notes

I wrote this at 3am on a Saturday, it's pretty bad. Can't say I'm proud, but Momonga is one of my favourites. Top 30, I would say.

He gives me grandpa vibes even when he is currently 48 in timeline.

Probably as he reminds me of my own grandfather, who happened to be a Colonel in the British Army. 

Not only that, my grandfather literally looked like him with shorter hair; same moustache and everything. They even make/made the same facial expressions like-

My grandfather was a serious and traditional man who was extremely stern and proper. Although Momonga is much lighter than that at times, they are still similar in my mind.

Anyways.

Have a good day and I shall see you later!

Cya

- TransponderSnail