Doflamingo x reader | Just the Two of Us

Lyrical based on "Just the Two of Us" by Grover Washington, Jr. and Bill Withers.

"Just the two of us.

We can make if we try,

Just the two of us."

His hands held the velvet covered waist of his lover as they danced hand in hand across the long since emptied hall. What once hours ago was a thriving ballroom gathering turned into a duet between the lovers. His frame towered over her yet their silhouettes side by side made it almost like a fairytale. But unlike those sweet stories, the two laughed and smiled to themselves. The cunning plans set by them and the crew that he captained.

"Just the two of us,

Building castles in the sky.

Just the two of us,

You and I."

Her chin was lifted so her dashing and sparkling
(e/c) eyes gazed into his dark glass lenses. They danced with their riches - the rings they wore upon their dirtied hands - unfazed by the killings and manipulations that had brought them their wealths. With his coat covered in only the finest feathers money could buy you wrapping his shoulders he concealed the diamond he held close to him.

"Look at how far we have come, my Queen." The way in which Doflamingo called her by the pet name sent pleasurable shivers up her spine. She had no time to reply as he chuckled lowly. His hand caught her cheek as he gazed into her eyes with a smirk on his fine features. As he trailed his hands down her smooth skin to her waist once more, he only whispered to her, his breath catching on her ears which were pierced with fine rubies.

"We will conquer the world, my diamond."

"Just the two of us.

We can make it if we try,

Just the two of us."

The way his sweet words rolled of of his tongue made her feel truly like she was the only woman alive and that when he stopped spinning her around in the regal yet desolate room she was the only ornament to gaze upon.

"You make me sound like true royalty, Doffy." Her sweet laugh was only replied to by his chuckle as he held her by the small of her back.

"I make you sound like the goddess you are, (n/n)."

"Just the two of us,

Building them castles in the sky.

Just the two of us,

You and I."

~~~

18.12.2020

Author's Notes

Despite this being a short chapter, I wanted to make a lyrical fiction based on the song "Just the Two of Us" by the legends Grover Washington, Jr. and Bill Withers who are two people whose music I adore.

I hope you enjoyed this small piece.

- TransponderSnail