Cracker x reader | Bet

As soon as you heard the whistling of cannonballs and the thunder of your crew running madly across the deck, you knew something was up. Having been napping for the past few hours, your crew didn't want to wake you purely out of fear. They didn't want you tearing their throats in two. "I don't care if there's a damn enemy, sort it yourself!" That's what you would've said, and they knew it.

But there came a point where the cannons began to puncture the side of your massive vessel, causing the thundering to be taken below deck. Your men offered all they had in trying to hammer metal slabs back over the holes which leaked water into the ship's bowels. As much as they didn't want to, they had to wake the sleeping dragon.

"FUCKING HANDLE IT YOURSELVES, INCAPABLE COCKSUCKERS!"

Screaming from the other side of the door hardly helped, the man closest to being second-in-command could hardly hear you over the bombardment.

"B-but the hull is taking on gallons of water, Captain!"

The man could hear your heavy footsteps, practically feel the rage emanating off of you as you ripped the door open and almost off of its hinges. He winced with the loud bang, your hand outstretching to shove him aside. The sound of cannon fire was shrieking and ringing in your ears as you clicked your tongue, completely exasperated.

Around you, the atmosphere was completely shrouded in fog - not letting you see any further than a few feet in front of you. Your eyes slid down to your boots, ears picking up the panicked sound of your crew desperately trying to patch the ship. The cannon fire ceased, but you could never be too careful.

"Who did this?"

Quietly, you tore your eyes from the deck to the unknown before you. The man behind you gulped, scared of your unnatural calmness. He couldn't form any words, completely glued to the floor in fear.

"I-"

"Who did this?"

Whirling around on your heel at an unnatural speed, you growled in his face once you dragged him down to eye-level. You may have been a small woman, but your terrifying temper more than made up for that. The man spluttered, almost tearing up at the hold you had on his collar which turned your knuckles paler by the second. You looked him up and down, sneering harshly before sending him stumbling backwards with force; spitting your response in his direction.

"Pathetic."

"They truly are, huh. You really call them crew?"

Suddenly, you heard a loud voice project across the deck. You could feel the ship sinking lower and lower, only ignoring the feeling to focus on the mystery which had come about. Unable to detect where the teasing-toned voice was coming from, you slid the pistol you owned from your back pocket; twirling it twice around your finger before snapping it forward.

"Get outta here before I shoot you full of more holes than a sieve."

Your threat-filled and harsh words were replaced by violent laughter, as if your little guest was having a ball of a time. Every time you would hear the voice move, you cocked your gun in said direction.

"I see that mouth makes up for your shortness."

"I bite."

Snapping your teeth into the nothingness, you growled. The strange conversation caused your second-in-command to simply scurry off in the opposite direction, getting away as fast as he could. There was an unexpected silence, which made the muscles you didn't know you were tensing briefly loosen. All until there was the glint of a blade not too far from your side; coming at you with the flat and blunt face first. The sight of it confused you, wondering why on earth would someone try to use the flat side of a sword and not the sharp edge in a fight...