Katakuri x reader | Family Man

Requested by KiraScarllet ! (Katakuri x Pregnant reader)

Not even the sounds of your footsteps pacing up and down the infirmary could drown out the sounds of your thoughts. They whizzed, whirred and flew past in blinding colours, confusing you and causing the creeping anxiety that trailed up your back to feel like hot needles. Even the poor doctor was getting worried after a while, the small man jumping to his feet and bustling over to you.

"M-Madam Charlotte, I don't think that stressing will do you nor the child any good!"

You paused in your motions, causing the doctor to hold his breath. The sudden stop was then accented by your clenched fists, one that rested at your sides. The poor man was too terrified you would burst in anger, slowly edging backwards with a shake to his head.

But instead of hitting him or any sort of impulsive action, you reached out.

You just held his shoulders and shook him violently, all while screaming at the top of your lungs.

"THIS KID IS WHAT'S CAUSING ME ALL THIS DAMN STRESS, DOC!"

The poor man had lost his balance when you finally let go, rubbing your hands vigorously over your features. You could feel all the nerves in your body jittering and you then decided to flop down on the nearest bed, pressing your palms into your eyes. There was a firm clench to your jaw, a fidget to your body.

"What the hell am I going to say,"

Rubbing your eyes harder, you groaned loudly.

"What do I do?!"

While you were concerned, the doctor was even more so. In the middle of your panic he had brought up a chair, putting it in front of you. Your hands were still over your face, only able to see the strange inky blots that one does when rubbing their eyes. But when the doctor cleared his throat, they slowly pulled away.

You noticed through you blurry eyes, that he looked confused. Worried and apprehensive, yes, but confused.

"Madam, I really don't know what exactly there is to stress out about."

There were various bullets of sweat running down his temple as you glared at him. It was like you were trying to say 'are you serious' with your nose scrunched up. The poor man couldn't exactly pick it apart and that was by no means his fault, the need to explain causing you to sigh.

You shifted, your body turning towards the window. There was little you could do and all you could do was stare out onto the island, and all of whom were below. The clouds were fluffy in the sky and the far stretch of sugary treats lay on the land below, showing that you were very much in Whole Cake island. After all, you had been staying on the island while your husband attended to business.

Not for whatever this was. You had simply come to the doctor of the chateau to see why you were ill, not to find out you were pregnant. That wouldn't be a bad thing had it not been at this time, your thoughts stuck on the idea that Katakuri and yourself were too busy to be dealing with a kid.

Worrying at your lip, you sighed yet again.

"What if Katakuri doesn't want this kid, Doc?"

What you couldn't see was the doctor's expression. The man simply blinked at you, staring at you like you were some kind of idiot. Though due to your observation haki being constantly switched on, you felt his eyes on you.

You turned, meeting the old man with a firm scowl.

"What?"

"Ma'am, did I hear you correctly?"