Kizaru x reader | Hard Work

The Headquarters were never quiet.

The ever-bustling building was always shrouded in a work-centric atmosphere that encapsulated its being. The Marines who worked there, all ranks and all statures, never had a break from the demanding profession. And since the always-growing mountain of the pirate era was towering the Navy, even someone as hard working and powerful as you got tired. That's just how your days went now.

On the bottom floor on the building was what came to be your favourite place. A large lounge which the higher ups such as yourself usually spent your free time was situated with a large window viewing the dock. The sun's light had fallen across your face as you lay sideways on one of the many pristine and comfortable sofas which stood in the room - you were just trying to get even a drop of sleep. No one was quite up yet as the morning was still young, so it was just the perfect place away from your house to take a quick sleep before working.

The marine coat of yours which displayed the proud sign of 'justice' in calligraphic writing faced up to the ceiling as it covered you like a makeshift blanket. Your hand was against your chest as the other flopped off of the sofa's edge - your fingertips brushing the bouncy carpet on the floor. A small smile was on your lips even in your sleep as you drifted through the only tranquility you would see that day.

As a Vice Admiral of Headquarters, it was your duty normally to scout out on the seas with your ship: finding the infamous pirates of which you were set to arrest alongside your trustworthy men. But because of the lack of Vices back at Headquarters due to the rest of them being away, you were begrudgingly told to stay behind.

Marineford two years prior had already felt too draining for you to experience along with all the mess of moving locations, so it was no wonder you tried to sleep during the day when you could. Not in all your twenty years of being a marine had you experienced something as annoying as that war. But alas, you were now on base jobs such as training up the new recruits as an instructor and holding position as the head of the recruitment department.

Your soft breaths raised your hand up and down upon your chest, still in a calm state of sleep. No one should've been up at the time of day it was until the door to the lounge pushed open and three people happened to wonder in.

"I can't imagine you are relaxed! Sakazuki does pile on the work for some people!"

A loud laugh came from one of the three men who had just walked in. Garp was holding a packet of rice crackers which he had taken from Sengoku who wandered in next to him with his trustworthy goat, who trotted alongside the annoyed greying man.

"He's just trying to do his job, Garp."

Sengoku crossed his arms as the final man had shut the door behind them.

The trio began to walk over to where the sofas were, still engaged in conversation. You were still fast asleep as you slept. They hadn't noticed you.

"Well it is Sakazuki- hm?"

Finally, they had seen. You never shifted out of your sleep as you were way too exhausted to even acknowledge the outside world. Sengoku huffed loudly and Garp gave a chuckle when they watched you in your knockout state. Sengoku glanced at the man next to him.

"Borsalino, you really should tell your wife that the Headquarters is not her personal sleeping space."

From next to him, Kizaru chuckled. He thought it was rather cute how you just fell asleep nearly everywhere in the building. You both had a house yet you were always too overrun to return home during the week.

Kizaru moved around the armchair that he stood behind and walked over to you as Garp and Sengoku sat down to wait for the discussion to return. He watched your content face before leaning over you and placing his hand gently against your cheek. As if you felt the touch and knew, you nuzzled into his hand and your eyes cracked open.

Your gaze was blurry but soon let up as you could see the sunglasses on your husband's face looking down on you. A warm smile spread on your face as you began to sit up: the man moving to sit down right where you were lying so you could lean up against him. He had one arm around the back of the sofa and one on the arm as he crossed one leg over, you leaning into his side.

"Vice Admiral," Sengoku began with yet again a large sigh as he looked at you, who had sat forward a little to stroke the adorable goat who wandered to you, "sleeping on the job isn't good for your reputation."

Before you replied Kizaru gave a chuckle, looking down at you as you sat back into him with a yawn.

"It's not like she's harming anyone, no?"

You gave a laugh into the back of your hand; The old fleet Admiral was acting as if you were Aokiji, who back in the day when he was in the marines slept his whole working life.

"If Sakazuki refrained from giving me a lifetimes supply of recruits to train," you felt a loving kiss on the top of your head as Kizaru's way of saying good morning, "then maybe I would sleep in my own bed."

Garp laughed loudly, throwing his head back as you raised an eyebrow with a smile. The old man leaned in and whispered jokingly from across the coffee table,

"Just don't do your work and eat rice crackers, it's the way to go!"

Sengoku grumbled loudly from beside him before shooting a glare.

"Don't you dare, Garp!"

And you all burst out laughing at Sengoku's angry words.

Even if it was hard work, it was the time of your life.

~~~

17.01.2021

Author's Notes

I love Borsalino. He would just 100% be the best husband and I love that.

I hope you enjoyed this shot and I will see you again soon!

- TransponderSnail