Shanks x reader | Nostalgia

There you were.

One foot deep in thoughts while in one hand was a large pint of only the best beer brewed on the archipelago while in the other there was a cigarette; the ashes falling into the tray as you dragged on the end.

"Want anything else?"

The bartender seemed to be of the uninterested type as he asked for your preference when you only gave him a second's glance with your blank expression before looked back down to the table. The man huffed loudly before going back to whatever glass he was cleaning next.

You had downed the last drop and stumped out the last of your cigarette as you then threw your payment on the table, the coins spinning a few times as you jumped off of the barstool and left.

That day wasn't a good day to be in Sabaody Archipelago as a multitude of rookies happened to be running their little selves ragged - disturbing people who already had to live up to the expectations of the abominable Celestial Dragons. But as you took a stroll off into the next archipelago, hands tucked into your pockets as you ignored the chaos, you thought of the different rookies you had seen on the seas.

You walked through the key bounty hunting areas with ease, none of them wanting anything to do with you as you chose your next destination without second thought. By the time you had snapped back into reality, a large staircase protruding from the tops of a tall root stood before you.

Taking the long line of steps up to the front door of what was seen to be 'Shakky's Rip-Off Bar', you pushed open the door with a yawn.

"Rayleigh-san, Shakky-san, good da-"

The extremely bored expression on your face had twitched when your lazy gaze landed on a... straw hat? Your eyes grew wide and your mouth dropped open when you saw the item; Rayleigh and Shakky smiling at you until Rayleigh spoke.

"Oh, (y/n)-chan!"

"S-S-S-"

You stumbled backwards and what seemed to be a group of people sat in the bar turned with concerned looks at you as you stuttered on your own breath.

"S-SHANKS?!"

When you shouted the word the person wearing the hat turned, you fell completely backwards until you heard an innocent voice which caused you to look up.

"Old man, who's this?"

It wasn't who you thought.

You whipped a pistol gun from your back pocket and pointed it into the room from the doorway until you lowered it, realising who it was.

"... Mugiwara?"

Silence.

Rayleigh suddenly began to laugh very loudly as he clutched his chest trying to control his laughter as you just clicked your tongue and shoved another cigarette into your mouth and lit it your lighter.

A woman who was in the room who looked to be younger than you gave you a tilted glance before she spoke, her hand on her chin as she looked at you from under her straight fringe.

"I've seen you before..."

You walked over to the bar and took a seat next to the young rookie who you now recognised as 'Straw Hat' Luffy as Shakky gave you what was to be your fifth drink of beer that day. Rayleigh gave a smile to the woman before looking over at you.

"Right on time as well," he chuckled, "we were just talking about the captain."

Unexpectedly your bored expression lit up, your eyes sparkling brightly as you gripped the edge of the seat.