Bastille x reader | Awkward

PleASE I love this man so much so I made a short for him. Vice Admiral Bastille supremacy 4 ever.

It was your day off.

After long and hard months straight of enduring your work at headquarters, you were finally given a day all to yourself.

The seagulls called from outside of your window as you sat up at your desk, papers strewn all over the surface and some falling onto the floor. The kind and subtle light of the morning's raise crept through the porthole-like window you had slightly ajar. Your office wasn't big - just a hair larger than what someone would like to call 'shoebox' but enough for all the stuff you needed. Your hands rested up behind your head as your legs were kicked up on the table, the proud marine coat hanging from your shoulders as you rocked your chair on its back legs.

Even if the time had ticked to that of when the canteen would open for breakfast for those not at home, you decided that a day off meant you would be bringing your own food from home. You had eaten and had a quick panic, thinking that you had work to do when really it was just the way your brain normally worked trying to tell you that relaxing isn't okay.

"Purupurupurupuru..."

The delightful half-sleep that had overcome you was then ripped harshly from your grasp as your eyes shot open; your chair suddenly toppling backwards as you landed with a thud on the floor behind. A ringing was coming from one of the drawers in your desk.

You had managed to scrabble to your knees and fumble with the drawer just enough for it to crack slightly open. Panic overcame you as you almost trapped your fingers multiple times, attempting to grab the yelling snail. My GOD your snail was loud. He was always louder than other peoples... almost as if he got a kick out of embarrassing you. How you wished that was the worst that could happen.

After the ringing came the next disaster. A loud knock came from your door as you were still wedged between the back wall and your desk, hand stuck in your drawer and knees treading on your coat. The knock came again.

"I-I'm sorry please wai-"

You let out a squeak as the snail's ringing stopped. You hoped that wasn't an important call. A creak came from your chair which was painfully digging into your back as a voice came from the other side of the door.

"Rear Admiral? Are you okay-dara?"

Ohhh shit.

A creak that came from your chair turned into one from your desk as it then came dangerously tilting towards you. A gasp came from your mouth as you were contemplating just dying right there as it all came crashing towards you.

The massive bang of the desk falling over you and into the wall made the last of the paper on it's surface disturb and scatter everywhere. The door shot open and you heard a confused voice before the whole desk was lifted up from you. You closed you eyes as you were so embarrassed from your mess up when a hand was extended down to you. Eyes cracking open to see a strong hand, you took it with a small thanks before looking up to see who it was. You thought you recognized the voice and odd speech pattern but boy were you too busy to know who it was.

Your face turned a vibrant red as you looked up into the blank mask of Vice Admiral Bastille.

You could see his mouth as it was the only thing not covered and his hair had fallen against you in its length. He looked pretty concerned at he easily hauled you up to a standing. Both of you were silent. Your hand felt warm and it seemed like nothing had just happened when you looked down to see your hand still holding his. The man had seemingly noticed too as he then panicked and moved his hand to rub his neck sheepishly.

"A-are you okay now, Rear Admiral-dara?"

The crimson pigment in your cheeks remained as you began to fret slightly; him being really awkward in trying not to seem like he cared.

"Y-yeah..."

If only your den den mushi would begin to ring. At least it would give you a chance to get out of this situation.

No one knew this, but you liked the man. There was something about his funny bashfulness and complete consciousness towards his work that really drew you to him. Even if you couldn't see his face fully because of the mask which obscured it, you could tell he was handsome. And sweet lord was he tall and very well-built. The subject had to change and words had to be spoken before you self-combusted on the spot.

"So... why were you here?"

"Oh!"

The man attempted to overlook your clumsy slip up and then cleared his throat, as if he was trying to compose himself to seem professional once more.

"I-I..."

Well that failed.

"... was going to ask if you wanted to join me for lunch later? I didn't see you at the canteen this morning-"

He watched as your face display a whole arsenal of different expressions.

"Not that- I'm sure you- maybe... If you want-dara?"

Bastille seemed pretty worried of what you would say, holding his breath in slightly as he knew you understood that you were being asked on a date - basically. A superior and a subordinate isn't a usual thing, so it wouldn't be a surprise to him if you had to say not. But then, you giggled; a hand to your mouth as the man went red.

"Of course!"

The hand moved from your mouth and went back to his, where it rightfully belonged.

"I would love to, Bastille."

~~~

20.01.2021

Author's Notes

My husband. I love Bastille ssssoooo much and people take the piss outta me for it but I rlly do. I just LOVE HIM OKAY?!

Ahem.

Good day!

- TransponderSnail

(Ps, apologies for the patchy writing and inconsistencies in uploads <3)