Usopp x reader | Tired, but Happy

While everyone was out on deck, mulling about in the sunshine which graced the Thousand Sunny, you spent all day sleeping in your room.

From the moment you hit the mattress, you slept all the way into early evening the next day; completely conked out. Your hair was splayed over your silk pillows and your hands were wrapped around your stomach as you slept peacefully. The expression you wore was still, knees brought up towards your chest as your light breath caused a hair which was in the way of your face to bounce back and forth.

Despite your sleeping state, Usopp managed to take a glimpse at your still form through a porthole as he walked by your room's door, the tension in his shoulders relaxing considerably. Just seeing that you were okay was enough for him to take it easy.

"Usopp, dinner's ready!"

Glancing up at the call of his name, Usopp saw Nami leaning out of the dining room's door with her hand cupped to her mouth. She slid back into the room, the young man just about able to hear the usual chaos which ensued from where he stood.

The sound of happy nakama as they dug into the god-like food which Sanji had kindly made got louder as he shut the door behind him carefully. Usopp walked around the table, taking a seat in between Franky and an empty chair; the only empty chair.

"Hey, where's (y/n)?"

Franky raised a non-existent eyebrow, giving his young friend a curious look as he began cutting into a slab of meat. Usopp watched only his food, shoving a corner of the rare steak into his mouth.

"She needs time to rest."

"But She's been sleeping all day!"

Nami piped up from across the table, a skeptical look drawn on her face as she leaned her palm into her cheek. A few others were giving concerned glances at one another, worried for their friend who not only didn't attend dinner, but didn't attend breakfast or lunch.

"She's fi-"

"Is she sick?!"

Chopper sprung up to stand on his chair; his small hooves slapping on the table as he panicked. Usopp began to shake his head when the captain began to speak, words muffled as he tried to talk around a large chunk of meat.

"Does she not like food anymore? But meat is so good!"

Sanji sighed, sliding his hand down his face in exasperation from Luffy's childish mannerisms. Once more, Usopp raised a dismissive wave from his hand which wasn't holding his fork. The crew burst into conversation, muttering about this situation or that situation; twisting every little suggestion to the most unlikely of events as to why you were unable to join them.

"Maybe she died?"

Robin had one hand on her chin as everyone's mouths hung open, in shock their friend could say such a thing. But Usopp let out a sigh loud enough to draw the whole crew's attention. His brows were furrowed and he looked more than a little annoyed with the subject, scratching at the small goatee on his chin in thought.

'Do I tell them or wait until (y/n) can tell them?'

"Well?"

Brook leaned over, looking down eagerly on the young man as his eyes scrunched up in thought. The rest of the gathering seemed to be awaiting some sort of announcement, but could only wait as Usopp hummed in deep thought. If you listened closely enough, you could hear the cogs turning.

Opening his eyes once more, Usopp looked around the room to each and every one of his nakama. He could see that they were all clearly very curious, thinking he knew something they didn't.