Aokiji x reader | Only Time Can Tell

This is a very experimental shot idea. Hatter is your son, enjoy!

While the sky was blue and the sun was glaring, the Straw Hat Pirates decided that it would be a good idea to take the day to rest. Everyone had been busy recently, so it was a nice change of pace; soaking up the sun and taking the time to lounge about. It was quiet and everyone was getting on with this and that, until one member of the crew decided he would say what had been weighing on his mind.

And it was not easy.

Not remotely.

"... what?"

The whole crew of the Straw Hat Pirates were stood around the deck, complete shock overwhelming the masses. All eyes were on the form of a young man who leaned up against the railings, eyes closed in thought. One person in particular was looking at him with a stunned expression - one person in the name of Nico Robin.

"You heard me."

She was beginning to see it.

He was tall, much taller than your average person - if you could even call it average in this world - a good seven foot at the very least. Not only that but he had muscle on him, very much so. His skin was tanned, free of imperfections. Curly, black hair sat on top of his head, winding down to about his ears with an undercut. His eyes were a (e/c) colour, though they were closed in thought.

"And you tell us this now?"

Sanji raised an eyebrow, his gaze connecting with the other man's as he opened his eyes.

"It needed to wait,"

He looked at Robin, giving her what she could only call an apologetic look.

"I didn't want this to hurt anyone."

Robin stopped.

She was sat in a deckchair and was happily reading away, although now the book was closed and on the table next to her. There was a frown on her face and everyone began looking in her direction; waiting to see what kind of reaction would come from her.

But then, she smiled.

The man had to admit it surprised him, making him relax from the tension he didn't know was building in his body.

"You look like your father, I could've guessed."

"Oi, Hatter, your dad is terrifyingly strong!"

Usopp was practically shaking from just remembering what had happened to the crew once upon a time. Chopper nodded in agreement and it got a laugh out of Hatter.

"Trust me, I know."

Luffy bounded up to him, looking at him a little closer with a curious look. Hatter couldn't help but feel a little awkward, having his Captain look so deeply into him at an uncomfortable closeness.

"Hmm... you do look like him, huh."

The young captain gave Hatter a tentative poke as if something magical would happen. Alas, it did not. But he was interrupted when Nami posed a question, sitting up from her deckchair with cocktail still in hand.

"Who is your mother, then?"

Everyone could see the shudder which climbed through the poor man's body, grimace on his face. It was an unusual reaction to the question, one they didn't expect from the man of stone. The crew sat and waited, wondering to themselves who could possibly make the man so nervous.

"If anyone thought my dad was scary when he was an admiral, then they are wrong. Mum is terrifying..."

While Hatter was telling his stories, there was one thing weighing on him.