Ace x reader x Marco | Heartaches

Inspired by "Heartaches" by Al Bowlly

"Ace!"

You giggled loudly as Ace threw you over his shoulder. Everyone was cheering as you pounded on his back so he would let you down, laughing your head off; the man advancing to the edge of the deck.

"Sorry, (y/n),"

He gave you one of his devilish smirks, one that made you alarm as it grew wider and formed into a cheeky grin.

"Have a nice swim!"

Letting out a shrill squeal, you fell further and further until you hit the cold water. The day was scorching hot, you didn't mind the soothing bath. As your head went under, the cheers and loud laughter of your crewmates muffled. It made you smile.

Marco watched as Ace leaned on the railings and looked down at you, who had just surfaced. The blonde saw how you splashed about, reaching up for Ace to take your hand and pull you up. His hold was strong, hauling you up the side with ease. When your two feet landed back on deck, the freckled man pulled you into his chest; not minding how soaking wet you were.

It brought Marco a smile, even if he watched from afar.

"Heartaches,

Heartaches;"

The party had ended, everyone was through.

Most members of the crew dragged themselves or others off to bed, some even lay face-down on the deck; completely intoxicated. The only light was that of a few dull lamps, only illuminating a face here, there or a part of the wooden deck. No one was awake on deck, except one.

Marco sat against the mast, trying not to let his eyes fall onto possibly the only thing that hurt him. He didn't even know why it hurt him so much, the sight he saw. In the dim lighting, two faces were lit up as they lay on the deck.

One was you; one was Ace.

The raven-haired menace was lying down on his back, arms and legs splayed out to the side as he slept. He was snoring slightly, chest rising and falling. However, it did so with a little impediment, being your head as it rested on his chest. Your hands were wrapped around his middle, a small smile on your face as your legs were tangled over his.

Why did something so simple hurt the phoenix so much? It wasn't like you and Ace were together, although you both acted like it. Even when he didn't want to admit it, he was...

Jealous of the younger man.

"My loving you meant only heartaches."

"I still don't think this is a good idea."

Everyone was looking at you. You, who had a bag slung over your shoulder and a bright smile on your face.

"I'll be gone for a few weeks, nothing too long."

You had decided to go away in order to check up on an island.

The island in question happened to be one under the protection of your pops, one where the people had taken a special liking to you. There was a young girl whom you had saved from a disastrous situation of kidnapping, a girl who you promised to visit again one day. That day was coming soon, yet no one wanted you to leave.