Killer x reader | Exchange of Secrets

Warning: gory depictions and traumatic events.

It was as you were chained to the wall, changed like an animal set for slaughter as you hung. Breaths ragged, the salty wash of fallen tears stained your paling skin - not so much as a sound coming from you. The metallic grip of the harsh restraints were digging into your soft and fragile skin, leaving dents and marks; scars and gashes. Yet even when you despaired from the hunger and from the thirst, from the torture and from the force, nothing hurt. It was like someone had taken the nerves from your body, the blood, the sanity and rearranged them - compiling them into a lifeless form. Not lifeless, more deathly still. Halted in your own mind to only be controlled like a puppet on strings.

Your own blood pooled at your feet; or more of under them as your body dangled like a decrepit and withering tapestry. The only feeling was the flicking buzz of stinging skin where your back met the wall, scar carved like that of a dragon's hoof pressed wistfully into your flesh. You were no longer your own being, only a toy to the gods. A toy to the people who had no damned care for the world and only themselves and the holy soil they stood on. The soil which your tiny, little, dungeon-like prison was buried beneath. You were far better off dead, an animal in its last moments.

"Want to repeat that, you bastard?"

One hand was wrapped around the neck of a man; his body slightly leaving the floor as you crouched on the surface of the bar. The man grappled with plead at your iron grip, trying his hardest to keep the breath flowing inside of him. It was if you were the star of a show, the many inhabitants of the bar cheering as they watched you.

"S-stop-"

His face was beginning to flush a bright plumb as you tightened your grip. A harsh grin rose to your features as you cupped one hand around your other ear, teasingly suggesting your inability to hear him.

"What was that?"

You knew well he couldn't answer; assessing his features as his eyes curled into the back of his head. With one swift movement, his skull met with the surface of the bar as the wood cracked in half. No one messes up your order.

"(Y/n)! Get your ass over here!"

Turning around, you noticed the form of your captain enter the bar - looking over to where you were standing having jumped from your crouched position when the bar split. With a grin lacing your features, you turned and shoved your hands in your pockets as you shrugged. Eustass "Captain" Kid wasn't a man you wanted to mess with, you had known him long enough to have that burned into your mind. Although, each member of the crew knew each other like the back of their hand: except you. For you had a secret to withhold.

The Kid Pirates, albeit they never questioned it, always did think (y/n) was a strange name for a man. You were a higher up, so it was difficult for the lower crew members to outright question you on it - keeping silent about their thoughts on you. See, that was your deepest secret.

You were a woman.

Wearing suit trousers and a black dress-shirt with the sleeves rolled up made it difficult for anyone to distinguish your bodily features. Though you did have a slimmer figure than the other guys, they didn't think much about it. The crew was known for its gothic flair, the red nail polish on your nails and your lengthier hair not raising any misogynistic questions although it did make your hands look rather dainty. Kid in general always teased you about your small figure, calling you "little boy" despite you being a couple of years older than him.

"Fucking hell man, you smell like a whole liquor shelf."

Kid gave you a disgruntled wrinkle of his nose as he looked down at you. Killer was along with him, a few steps behind the both of you and taking his sweet time. A small laugh slipped your lips as you hooked a thumb over your shoulder in the direction of the bar.