LEMON | Lucci x reader | Cat and Mouse

It was if eternity could exist in a room; the way the expansive training room inside of Enies Lobby stretched out as far as the eye could see was definitely eternity. It was never full, yet never unused as the people known only to be the ninth Cipher Pol unit trained in its space. Although, the sun glared through the windows - defying the fact it was night on the ever-day island as two people trained in what seemed to be that of a dance.

A dance of destruction and power.

Lucci gave a hard swing at you from the side with his left fist; missing you by millimetres as you used soru to propel yourself a good few feet to distance yourself from the man. You clenched your teeth as you whisked the twin pistols from your belt, aiming them at the top agent. With each pull of the trigger a bang resonated throughout the iron-tight space, Lucci only dodging perfectly. You turned around and around as you shot at his fleeting figure: only seeing a mass of black as he made his way around the room effortlessly.

The fire had ceased as you ran out of bullets, quickly spinning the weapons on your fingers and placing them back into their holds. Lucci now had the upper hand as you stalled to tend to your guns, lurching forward with an outstretched finger.

"Shigan!"

He spoke his move with a smirk as he came hurtling towards you, you ducking as quick as you could as his arm went over you. You grabbed his arm and used the momentum of balance to whip your leg around towards his head.

"Rankyaku!"

The airborne slice of your tempest kick soaring over his head just before he dodged it, you letting go of his arm only for the zoan user to yank your raised leg. Your other foot left the floor as you unbalanced, falling towards the ground and onto your back. Lucci took this opportunity to spin around and aim at the floor where you lay; doing his final finger pistol. A smug grin rose to your face as his finger met with your chest, only to be deflected as you whispered.

"Tekkai."

It was finished.

Like every single day, every single time; you and the infamous Rob Lucci had tied once more.

Like a game of Cat and Mouse.

His dark eyes showed no emotion, his lips pressed in an unmoving line as you looked up with a egoistical smirk as he hovered above you. The cold man leaned up, standing to his feet as he crossed his arms - you getting up after him and placing both hands on your hips in triumph.

No one tied with Rob Lucci.

No one, but you.

"Yet another tie, kitty boy."

Your unnecessary comment flew over his head, not even making a dent as he began to walk towards the window; catching the light on his face as Hattori cooed loudly from his usual sideline perch. Lucci didn't reply as you wandered over to the wall, sliding down against it and resting your arms on your knees.

"Maybe one of us has to start being serious or we're going to have some major issues."

It felt like you were talking to a brick wall; not that you had minded at all. You had gotten used to the cold shoulder from the man after all the years you had spent training, working and living alongside him and the other members. You just sighed, smirking lightly as you then muttered out your thoughts.

"I wonder where the spam-ham is," you stretched your hands over your head up against the wall with a hum, "life's not fun when I'm not watching him yell at me like I couldn't just let him meet his maker in seconds."

Unknowingly to you, a small smirk curled on Lucci's lips at your remarks as you stood to your feet. You put your hands behind your head and began to walk towards the door with a yawn as Lucci continued to look outside the window.