Light | Hody Jones x reader

I know I said I wouldn't post anything new due to being busy, but I can't help myself. This is incredibly short, also LOL

The light didn't quite reach the Fishman District. Everything was cast in darkness. Not even the bulb of an angler fish aimlessly passing by could brighten your path. And whilst that was the case, your eyes had long since grown accustomed. Corals had once been nothing more than black shadows in the depths, but you now could identify their colours. Electric blues, warm yellows, vivid greens, shocking reds, fiery oranges, sweet pinks...

Albeit, they were dull.

"Planning on trying our luck and escaping again, are we?"

The moment you heard that voice, the vibrancies were leeched. You no longer saw the comfort of colour, no matter how muted. You felt your heart heave, your eyes falling shut. Your parted lips allowed a silent sigh to pass their borders, slipping into the air. You were already cold, but your spine chilled upon the sound of his footsteps. They were heavy, rhythmic and most of all, purposeful.

Of course, until they stopped behind you.

"Why should I bother? You'll just drag me back here." You muttered, his shadow falling over you.

You tensed as his laughter shook the expansive room.

"Please, don't be like that," before you knew it, you were pivoting. His mocking words caused your blood to boil, making you gravitate towards him. "Are all humans so negative?"

With fists clenched, you craned your neck upwards. You trailed your eyes right to his, latching onto them. Nothing produced a glare more dangerous than his crimson gaze. Not even yours, which emulated the harsh slice of swords. For you were smaller than him, weaker than him and you lacked the power he held. Those sharp teeth could rip your flesh, yours could barely graze skin. His build was towering and thick with muscles, you were nothing more than a china doll.

Something he could toy with.

You growled. "I can give you negative if you want, Hody."

"Do you want to play this game today?" He hummed, provoking a snarl.

"Y-"

Slam!

Before another word could tumble out of your mouth, your back made connection with the wall behind you. You gasped loudly, your eyes turning into full moons. The air completely withdrew from your body, dispersing into the bubble-formed atmosphere around you. You whined in a hound-like way, sinking to the frigid floor. You hung your head and held back tears, fighting the pain the impact had created.

Through blurry eyes, you watched him crouch down over you. You saw his webbed hand outstretch, his forefinger positioning under your chin. The second you felt his skin on yours, your body started trembling without instruction nor indication. You were forced to look closely at him, his face before to yours. You could see every inch of his pearly grin, his surprisingly soft, jet-black hair tickling against your scuffed skin.

"Now, what was that?" Hody whispered, his breath padding along your cheeks.

Every instance of close proximity stirred up strange emotions; familiar emotions. You sensed rage within you, crashing like waves of red. Although, aside from such anger, you felt giddiness. Excitement that came from anticipation, born from the unknown. You had been there for days, weeks, months; alas, your head was still on your shoulders. Your lungs drew air and your heart steadily beat.

You smiled.

"I said, I can give you negativity if you want," you started, ramming your way through the lack of oxygen. "You've captured and killed hundreds upon hundreds of human pirates. Thousands, even. And, despite that grand number, there's one you can't kill. Why's that, Hody Jones?"

Silence.

Your pulse hammered in your ears, getting quicker by the second. As his subtle touch became whole, his entire hand clamping down on your jaw, you feared for yourself momentarily. You could hear your bone protesting, creaking under the pressure. Even then, you refused to rid the curl from your lips. You were enjoying every instant, wanting to see how far he would go. Wanting to see how close he would come to finally wiping the light from your eyes, once and for all.

"There's not one ignorant human I wouldn't kill." He rumbled lowly, slipping his hand downwards.

You laughed bitterly, willingly letting his fingers twist around your throat. "Then do it."

He paused.

~~~

11.11.2022

Author's Notes

Admittedly, this is my most shameful simp. I don't agree at all with his views, but I enjoy his character immensely. He's interesting as hell.

Anyway, it's been short, but I hope you enjoyed!

- TransponderSnail