Drake x Reader | Regret Brings Hope

"Old man, one bottle of saké and a stack of Anpan!"

With a hand darting in the air like a gunshot from a pistol, there sat a woman who wore a short light blue and pink kimono, a pink belt of a few daggers looking out of place amongst the bright outfit.
Her smiling face lit up even more as a plate of piled-up red bean steamed buns was placed before her alongside a rather massive jug-like bottle of what read "saké" in large kanji lettering on it's pottery.
Chugging down the bottle while stuffing her face at what seemed to be at the same time, the man sat on the bar stool next to her grimaced at what looked to be like a usual habit.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you ate up all the food in Wano."

With a pause in her beloved eating, the woman snapped her head to the side to look at the man who's "x" shaped scar on his chin stretched with his disgusted face. Anger was clearly rising in her face at his words.

"Drake, don't say shit you know won't happen,"

Briefly turning back to her food to dump another whole bun in her mouth and glug down a huge mouthful of alcohol, she turned back to him.

"Queen-sama can quite do it on his own!"

Unexpectedly, the ginger male laughed at the sentence that the other had just said, her turning to look at him like he was insane. Drake held his chest slightly.

"You might be a greedy pig of a woman, (y/n), but by god do you come out with the funniest bullshit."

After his spoke, he placed his small glass of saké onto the bar table in front of him and crossed his arms, looking at the woman named (y/n) who was now lying face first on the table out of exhaustion from eating the whole place dry. Sighing, the man turned his barstool around so that his elbows leaned carefully against the tall table.
As he did so, the tired lady moved her head up and peeked at him with one eye open; he stared towards the street the open-backed bar was facing to meet her eye with a slightly annoyed look.

"I can't believe Hawkins is late again."

He clicked his tongue slightly as he muttered, making (y/n) next to him sit up and look over her shoulder to the streets behind.

"Maybe the cards told him to be late,"

They both exchanged a small amount of laughter at the thought of their co-worker and friend (as much as Drake would like to deny) explaining that his deck of paper was telling him to be late to the arrangements to meet up they made days before.
(Y/n) gazed at the flickering flames of the many paper-lanterns that were dotted around the evening roads of the Flower Capital, her gaze never leaving the sights of the beautifully coloured stalls and decorations. While children played and their mothers and other friends talked in amongst themselves; laughing and watching their beloved kids play happily in the sand-trodden street.

Drake moved his eyes to see the woman, seeing in her eyes the reflection of what was before them: as if she held some sort of longing. With strands of (h/c) locks falling into her unmoving features and pink lips pulled up lightly in the corners, making her give a small smile to the scenes of the city. On her smooth skin, cheeks tinted a rose, be it from the excessive amount of drinking she partakes in or the warmth of the late evening air.

"Say, Drake,"

She opened her mouth, her expression yet unmoving with her words. He let out a small breath he didn't realise he held in as she said his name. It was at last her eyes tore away from the sight to look further upwards towards the star-speckled sky above.
He hummed to let her know that he was there and that he was listening.