Ace x reader | the Sun and the Moon

He was the sun.

Bright, ever-smiling and ever-burning like a candle that could not waver even in the rainiest of days. He was strong, outrageous and proud - like a lion who stood tall above the rest of the world.

You were the moon.

Always hidden when the sun was out, yet had his back and held secrets which only he - the sun - knew the meanings of. Mysterious yet cold, cold like a winter's night yet warm compared to things such as darkness.

But both had a bond that was uneasy to break, hard to fracture; even if death overcame either one of you.

"Hey, Ace."

The stars flecked the sky like someone had used paint to even put the pitch night.

"Yeah?"

Both you and him relaxed on the grass of the island you had docked at, his hands behind his head with a wide and pearly grin. You had your knees pulled up to your chest, arms wrapped around them as you craned your neck up to glance at the bright moon.

"What will happen when our crew disbands?"

"Disbands?"

Ace looked over to you, watching as the celestial sky was reflected in your (e/c) eyes. A chuckle erupted from his mouth, his foot playfully nudging you in the back to which you slot him a glare.

"(Y/n), you know who we are right? We are the Whitebeard Pirates!"

Tracing the tattoo on your forearm of your jolly Rodger which was inked in a deep purple, you took in what your crewmate was saying. It was on nights like these you felt that the moon made you purposefully more open; delving into your thoughts.
Ace noticed this blankness, cocking and eyebrow and sitting up to watch as your (h/c) hair tussled around in the breeze of the ocean.

"Wait, you don't actually believe we won't?"

The grip on your knees tightened, your head moving to rest on your arms as you sighed loudly.

"It's not that I don't believe your words, I just..."

A shiver ran your spine thinking about the subject. For as long as you live, you wanted to live with pops, Ace, Marco, Vista, Thatch, Izo, Teech, Jozu and all of your other brothers. Nothing would feel the same without them by your side. Sure - you fought, quarrelled, argued and teased - but family wasn't family without hardships.

"I feel something coming, something bad."

Just as the anxiety began to swell inside of your heart, something which may have been irrational but felt so real, a hand came to your shoulder. A warm hand.

"(Y/n), nothing is going to happen when we are all here to protect each other."

Looking around and over your shoulder, your eyes traced the man's face - connecting the dots of his freckles which seemed so like the night's sky with its stars. His dark hair and his dark eyes, that kind smile and his warmth. If you couldn't feel the twinge of a blush rising to your face, you would've replied. Oh, how the guys back on the Moby Dick who were in bed now would've teased you. Marco especially, as he knew how you truly felt about ace.

"Ace, really?"

Marco laughed as you pouted, grumbling incoherently about how you wished to 'dunk his feathery ass into the sea'. He prodded your cheek, watching your blush grew as he teased you about the man you didn't wish to fall for at first. The same guy who you tried to rip the guts from as he called you 'cold' and 'boring' when you first met.

You would always fight with Ace over dumb stuff.

"ACE, GIVE ME IT BACK NOW!"

The Moby Dick erupted into unrest as the cheeky man came flying out of the dining hall's doors with a pastry in his hand.

"No can do, (y/n)!"

One thing everyone knew not to do was to take pastries from you. They were your favourite treat and were baked especially for you by Thatch, only to be stolen by Ace when he wanted a rise out of you.

He stood with a proud grin on his stupid face on the bow of the ship, holding it high as you came running at him. The grin got wider, knowing you would phase through him because he was fire. But it all came as a shock when your strong armament collided with his chest, sending him flying back into the sea with a plop as you snatched the final cinnamon roll he took before you could eat it. Some of the guys yelled as you triumphantly gnashed on the treat.

"ACE!"

"(Y/n)?"

Tears blurred your eyes as you smiled. Smiled a huge smile which even Ace had never seen on your blank features, his eyes widening as the salty drops slid down your cheeks.

"Thank you, Ace."

You were the moon.

Always hidden when the sun was out, yet had his back and held secrets which only he - the sun - knew the meanings of. Mysterious yet cold, cold like a winter's night yet warm compared to things such as darkness.

He was the sun.

Bright, ever-smiling and ever-burning like a candle that could not waver even in the rainiest of days. He was strong, outrageous and proud - like a lion who stood tall above the rest of the world.

~~~

10.02.2021

Author's Notes

Well, I'm sorry it was short.

Sometimes I like doing descriptive things and sometimes I like doing plot stuff and romance!

Today I uploaded that Crocodile x reader and this, so I feel accomplished.

Thank you for all the support! it means everything to me and I truly hope you have an amazing week!

Cya

- TransponderSnail