Mihawk x reader | Like His Father

Note: Father!Mihawk x Mother!reader. Request by aeiredeernymph !

If there was one thing you couldn't tolerate or handle alone, it was looking after (s/n) when Mihawk wasn't around. The setting for the great Paramount War had just erupted upon the gates of Navy Headquarters and Mihawk had been called to position, being a Warlord - one of the main fighting forces.

There was no way you could've began to explain to him when he got back why you had woken up one morning to a strange younger woman in your house. She looked to be crying when you found her, but after finding out she worked under Gekko Moriah, you felt a little less inclined to be sympathetic. However, you got over that one pretty fast. Perona was kind, surprisingly so with yours and Mihawk's son. She always made sure to help around the place and (s/n) took a big liking to her at once. Of course, she hadn't expected the true trouble that came with the child.

(S/n) was pretty much the most monstrous mix of both you and his father. His hawk-like eyes created a spitting image of Mihawk, almost copy-paste, apart from the (h/c) locks on his head. For a five year old, the boy could definitely take out a grown man. That was an impressive feat, yes, but not when he shared the same mischievous air as you did. Sure, it had been a long time since you yourself had been a full-on pirate, but people on the seas still remembered you for the name you made. Honestly the whole castle would be on its head if you didn't constantly bribe your son with chocolate.

Not so long after Perona's uninvited appearance, there came another thorn in your side in the form of 'Pirate Hunter' Roronoa Zoro. He was quite the young man, very serious with his craft when he had noticed you also wielded a sword and asked you to duel him. Not that it lasted long, because you had turned him down multiple times after explaining you had no interest fighting a rookie when you were a grown woman with a family.

"Hey, (y/n)-san,"

Looking up from where your book was, you noticed as Perona was gleefully floating around with a smile on her painted lips.

"Who is (s/n)'s father? You never told me."

Ah, yes. You hadn't told the girl nor Zoro considering both would've had different reactions on the subject and it would've been better to let Mihawk come home in a few hours and explain who he was himself.

"My husband? He's coming home in a few hours, he's just out."

"Out?"

Perona was being annoying persistent and impatient as she hovered close to you inquisitively.

"He's been out for a while then..."

"Look, Perona. If you want something to do, and I'd appreciate the space, you can go-"

In the middle of your huff with Perona, a loud crash came echoing down the hallways from an upstairs room. The noise sounded pretty metallic and definitely not good. The two of you shared a look before you both sped out of the living room where the open fire roared happily and raced across the castle.

Your boots clattered against the stone stairs as Perona just phased through them as quick as she could. There was a long corridor, where the crash had seemingly come from - the both of you racing to the end and getting to the door. It was massive and made of sturdy oak, but it took a second for you to slam it open to see what was happening.

"RORONOA!"

The rage at knowing that it was probably the young rookie being annoyed with your son and trying to do something stupid to him completely fizzed inside you. Perona giggled quietly as you looked on with slight shock at the sight of Zoro, him literally fighting a child.

Taking long strides forward, you leaned forward and pulled Zoro up by the back of his shirt. He was yelling at you to let go of him as you dragged him out the the room and down the stairs. Perona went to pick up (s/n) who was completely unscathed and happily smiling. The fact Zoro lost to a kid was funny to her, but she was sure he wasn't having fun being dragged out the door by you.

"You've done it, Roronoa. Time to leave my house."

You were practically storming to the door, Zoro kicking around telling you to let him go while you pulled him.

"Get off-"

One hand was on the door handle as you shot him a look over your shoulder, eyes filled with rage as you gave him a dirty look.

"How about you sh-"

"Hm?"

You didn't remember ever actually opening the door. But the open breeze against your back showed it was open as you heard a voice; a voice you recognised. Even Zoro's face contorted into one of shock as you dropped him with a thud to wrap your arms around who it was.

"Hawk-eyes?!"

Zoro seemed in shock, Mihawk looking at him blankly as you held him around the middle. Those piercing eyes bore into Zoro's, the moss haired man returning to a frown as he watched you pull away with a smile.

"Now I know where I saw your kid's eyes before."

"Why is he here, (y/n)?"

Mihawk addressed you, those eyes which you loved connected with your own as you got slightly caught up in his gaze. But you soon quickly snapped back into the moment as you turned on Zoro, hands on hips accusingly.

"This thick-headed idiot wound up on our island because of Bartholomew Kuma, he said."

"(Y/n)-san!"

As if nothing could get more chaotic, Perona came rushing down the corridor with (s/n) in her hands. She was back to her usual form so he didn't phase right through her, a smile on her face. But that look contorted into one of confusion, then one of shock.

"H-h-hawk-eyes?!"

The man she was addressing while being stunned sighed. Mihawk could feel a headache incoming and wasn't ready for it. There was just one person other than you who seemed excited to see the swordsman.

"Daddy!"

(s/n) grappled out of Perona's hold, jumping down with ease and launching himself right at Mihawk's legs. It was the sight of the greatest swordsman and his family which honestly surprised both Zoro and Perona.

Mihawk reached down, wrapping his arms around his son and hauling him up so he was sitting in his arms. Zoro was just staring Mihawk down as he got to his feet and crossed his arms. You stood on your tiptoes and gave Mihawk a kiss on his cheek, a tiny smile he didn't wish to display to the others involuntarily pulling at his lips.

"That beast of a kid has some serious strength."

Zoro was looking between the child whose eyes matched his fathers and his father himself, a grimace on his face from the kiss you gave Mihawk. He wasn't one for public displays of affection usually, but as long as it annoyed the young swordsman, he was okay with it. A smirk rose to your face as you looked down your nose at the moss haired man, eyebrow raised. (S/n) was playing with Mihawk's hat and giggled, taking it off his head and putting it on his own.

"Still salty you got beat by a kid, Roronoa?"

"OI!"

~~~

12.02.2021

Author's Notes

Hello!

Thank you to my kind reader, @aeiredeernymph for requesting!

I tried my hardest with this one, but I think I could've done better with the balance of plot to Mihawk.

I hope you all have an amazing day and enjoyed the shot!

Cya

- TransponderSnail