LEMON | Akainu x reader | You Aren't Weak (P2)

Reminder that this is set in their younger days for those who haven't seen part one! (Which I suggest you do!) (P.S. I know this was all pretty quick LMFAO. I decided this was what I wanted ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

A loud and unwelcoming shout pulled Sakazuki from his slumber, propping himself up on an elbow to send a scowl towards the door. He noticed that Borsalino was slyly leaning against the doorframe, one eyebrow raised. The younger man sent a frightening scowl in the direction of his friend and opened his mouth to speak. That was until the weight on his chest shifted, snuggling impossibly closer to him.

Sakazuki looked down at you, wrapping his arm further around your body so that you didn't slide off of him. Then he looked back up to Borsalino, his softened expression turning back into a scowl.

"Leave, now."

He hissed towards the other man, who just curled his lips into an amused smile.

"Since when did you and (y/n)-chan get so close?"

Borsalino ignored the demand, continuing to attempt to sate his curiousity. Although, he could see that his colleague was getting angrier by the second. How someone could look so angry while holding you in such a peaceful state for once, he would never know.

"None of your damn business. Go. Tell Kuzan to-"

"Good day, Sakazuki~"

Before there was any more argument, the older man slipped out the door. Sakazuki stared at the closed threshold and rolled his eyes, lying back down for the sake of your comfort. However, it was a little too late. You groaned, yawning as you began to wake.

"What the fuck's happen-"

You paused.

You opened your eyes to see that you weren't lying against your pillow, rather against a chest. A very toned and strong chest with rippling muscles and a beautiful tattoo down one side, coming from the shoulder. Your heart jumped and began to beat faster, eyes widening bit by bit and face turning red.

"Good morning, (y/n)."

The gravelly voice rumbled against your cheek, vibrating through said chest. You had pressed your face against his muscles once more, hoping it would hide your feverish blush. Why were your cheeks so harshly flushed for him?

But you could feel something coming closer, a hand creeping closer falling to your own.

His hand.

"You would end up shaking this world to nothing if you had that much more power."

He said it so quietly, but your eyes widened with a start. You glanced at him, but then looked down to see his hand lacing with yours. On your bed. In the middle of the night where he had purposely come to see you. Gone out of his way.

"You're not weak, (y/n)."

That's why. That's exactly why. And it was all coming back to you much too quickly. No one had ever made it so you couldn't process thoughts, no one had your heart beating like now. Why him? The man who you wished to surpass? The man who you wished to overtake and the man... who was currently in your bed?

Control yourself.

"Mornin' Sakazuki..."

You dared a glance, looking up at him. Oh how you shouldn't have done that, especially when his dark eyes connected with yours. While they were usually cold and piercing, they now held this softness which you had never seen before. Where pitch blackness - darkness - once lay, now was a warmth.