Cracker x reader | the Curse of Being Me

Requested by chu1luc ! (Naga reader)

"Huh. Well I never thought I'd see someone like you."

The room was cold. It was so cold that even you could feel a shiver running down your spine, despite your burning anger for the situation. As the man leaned closer, grin as wide as a Cheshire cat's perched on his scarred face, you glared daggers at him through the bars of your confined cell.

"Get too close and I'll bite that smirk off your face, Charlotte."

The growl which erupted from your throat was dangerous and seething, the sound of a hiss slipping your lips. Your little actions caused the man to grin brighter, raising his hands teasingly in a surrender.

"Woah, didn't know we picked up quite the wriggler!"

Your eyes rolled so hard that they almost disappeared into the back of your head, chains clinking as you leaned back. The wall you were propped against was cold and made you shiver. There was this awful smell of blood, too. Your own, actually, which was dripping down your mouth and your head.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't feel too proud of yourself yet."

The man returned to his seat. It was situated in the middle of the room, which contrasted gratefully from where you sat in locks and chains.  The walls were pink, much different to they grey stone. You just knew that room smelt sickeningly like sweets, something which made your stomach churn violently.

He cocked his head to the side, feigning innocence. The mere look made your jaw pull taut, your hands ball into blood-slicked fists.

"Why would that be, sweetheart?"

You looked at him with all the fire and anger you could muster. There was no doubt you would burn a hole through his head, should you have lasers for eyes.

The most cocky of smirk rolled across your features, an airy chuckle slipping your lips.

"Because I'll get out of here before you can blink."

The pause that ensued was one so quiet you could hear the sounds of footsteps outside the room. It was so silent that a pin would sound like a rock, if it were to fall to the ground with a bang.

"What?"

The man stopped smiling.

His expression was one of complete bafflement, as if he was trying to ask if you were serious. His muscles tensed as he leaned up slowly, humming.

But then, he crumbled. He crumbled into dying laughter, practically rolling. Your eye twitched heavily as he slapped his knee, his whole muscular body trembling with laughter.

"I-I'd love to see you try."

He was still rolling, the action causing you to fume. Before you could even think, you snapped and lurched forward despite the chains which pulled you back.

"Who do you think you are?"

His laughter stopped as the cuffs began to constrict your blood. You glared up with every inch of spite in your body, hateful as he approached.

You watched with this intense hate in your eyes, as he leaned into the railings. The whole thing felt humiliating, like you were an animal at a zoo.

That was something you were used to, it didn't bother you even a bit.

"I'm a Charlotte, darlin'. There's no getting away."

Those words...

There was a harsh tug at your neck, one which caused you to skid across the floor. You were slow in catching your breath, wrapping your hands helplessly around the affected area.