Smoker x reader | What Once Was

Apologies for another short today, it's 3am and I will do better. Also working on Double-Dealing \( ˆoˆ )/

It's like every time that I looked into his eyes, I saw the love and I saw the pure feelings he felt for me. Alas, the world hadn't turned in my favours and that never lasted. How truly naïve of me to have thought that this cruel planet would truly let something so passionate keep. Something so unusual stay. If I had of only know what would become of it.

My eyes darted into the blizzard-stricken lands of Punk Hazard as I trudged through the snow alongside my captain who was wading in the depths towards where madness was beginning.

"Well isn't this pleasant. A ruckus in the middle of Punk Hazard? Who would have known." My voice was laced with sarcasm to which my salty and bitter captain only rolled his eyes, clearly quite done with the whole thing.

"(Y/n)-ya, unless you want to be chopped in half, I suggest you pack it up." My only response was to also roll my eyes as he clambered on, slightly ahead. We were just making it back indoors to begin yet another discussion with the ever-obnoxious Caesar Clown, when our effort to close the door only ten minutes in, was completely destroyed when we heard a sharp knock.

"Havoc? And now we have a visitor!" My snickers were an ignorant try as Law had throughly ignored me as he turned to the door. Leaning over and stretching my legs out from the previous venture, I heard as the door opened and my captain had answered it. Not like I cared for visitors but it sure was unusual for someone to rock up at this particular island. But when I heard a gravely voice speak, my gaze turned from my own knees to the door.

"Trafalgar Law." It was if my ears deceived me and my hearing had been completely cut. There was only one person who I knew who smelt like the burning ends of a fresh cigar and sea salt. Before Law could even act, I had stormed right up to the door and moved in between the greeter and guest. And as I had guessed, my prediction was right.

Although greying smoke contorted the chestnut eyes and the snowy-white hair that matched that of the weather, I knew all too well.

"Hey, Smo." It seemed that some of the crowding marines behind were confused, they must have been recent recruits. I mean heck, I never knew Smoker would take up that branch.

His eyes scanned my face and seemed to narrow, not like my captain noticed who was just growling in annoyance that I had moved him out of the way. The way the man clenched his cigars in his teeth made me smirk.

"Who knew I would be seeing the captain herself out here. Or should I say (y/n) of the heart pirates."

"You have massive balls to call me by that now, Smoker." It even surprised me how my voice snapped at him, the bitterness in his name being spoken clearly.

"(Y/n)-ya-!"

"At least I'm not some pussy who just abandons her post because of a mistake." His stone features made my blood boil as my clenched fists reached to bunch in his collar, despite his towering height over me.

"I wouldn't call being accused of being a Revolutionary as a fucking marine a mistake, you bastard." The marines behind him flurried - some shouting about me 'getting off Smo-san' but not having the guts to do so. My iron grip even made Law try to shake my shoulder to stop it.

"You shouldn't have ever stepped out of line. As soon as that Revolutionary had slipped that note into you pocket, you were sure to fall." Smoker shook me off and stepped back, pulling his jutte out against me. The sea stone tip not even draining my fruitless body, but the sheer thought of this man challenging me doing so. Even when I bit my lip and his eyebrow raised accordingly, he never moved from having the weapon pointed at my gullet. He noticed.

"Still can't go against me? Pathetic." My thoughts only held me up at his words.

The way his arm perfectly leaned next to my head as he hovered over my body made it seem like we were made to be for one another. The way his lips perfectly matched the rhythm of mine, yet hungry for my love, would make even an angel realise how perfect we were together. My hands around his strong neck and the feeling of his tight muscles contracting against my touch was enough for me to believe I was in love. Yes he was cold to others, but the way he sweetly spoke to me of how much he loved me made my heart ache with the feeling that I couldn't fall deeper.

"(Y/n)."

My name had slipped out of his mouth as I felt his breath tickling my neck. He was calm and I could hear the drumming beat of his heart. Yet I could only hum in reply.

"I love you."

~~~

23.12.2020

Author's Notes

It's like I purposely make myself sad and ache at 4 am 🤡 (yes it was 3:13 am ish when I started)

My eyelids feel heavy af.

Also I had a dream last night, (last last night now? Considering the time. Okay, last time I slept JEMDJDJ) and it was about Kuzan taking me out for a nice dinner. It was pretty pleasant. Also did I mention the last week's dream where I cried and Usopp cuddled me and fed me Manjū... HAHAH ALABASTA FLASHBACKs

Usopp: *rising from the dead* 😡 MAnjŪ.

God I haven't eaten manjū since nov last year damn. But yeah.

Have an amazing week!! And merry Christmas if I don't see you then!🎄 🎁 🎅 🏴‍☠️

- TransponderSnail