chapter 114 - mad

GUYS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW BOOK IVE ADDED! I NEED YOUR HELP! Love you all enjoy ;)

*jessie*

I wake up and stretch out. The room is really dark where am i? Oh right yeah. The spare room. Whats the time? I grab my phone and the light blinds me. 8.35am. shit Im going to be late.

I have 4 missed calls and two voicemails. 3 of the calls are from Danny, the other is from holly. Oh. He must have called her. Danny will be going crazy about where I am… I wonder if he knows im in here.

Danny: jess? JESSIE?

I hear him shouting. I say silent. He can stew for a bit.

The door handle rattles

Danny: jess!

He cries from the other side, I freeze, but he doesn’t come in.

I sigh and get up. I scoop Jackson up who was enjoying his sleep. I wait a few minutes before slowly opening the door. Danny isn’t there. I put Jackson down and wrap my dressing gown round me. I walk into the main area; Danny is on the phone, looking quite frantic as he runs a hand through his hair. He is still wearing what he had on last night and looks rough.

Danny: never mind

He says as he spots me. He brown eyes staring into mine- I don’t know if they are full of anger or fear, it’s difficult to tell.  

Danny: jess? Where were you?

His voice low and husky

I roll my eyes and walk straight past him into the bed room.

Danny: jess! Answer me!

He calls after me and I hear his footsteps coming after me. I continue to the bathroom and quickly lock the door.

Danny: jess!

He pounds on the door. I turn the shower on and he rattles the door.

Danny: jess open the damned door

Jess: go away!

Danny: im not going anywhere!

Jess: suit yourself

Danny: Jessie please

I climb into the shower, effectively blocking him out. Oh its warm- lovely and warm. The water runs over me, healing and cleansing the exhaustion of the night off my skin. It feels good for a short moment. I can pretend all is well- all aspects. I wash my hair and body. I feel better, stronger, and ready to face Danny, the world, the press.

I hop out and wrap my hair in a towel and briskly dry myself with another before wrapping it round me. I unlock the door and open it to find Danny leaning against the opposite wall, his hands behind his back. His expression is wary, that of a haunted predator. I stride past him to the wardrobe.

Danny: are you ignoring me?

Hint of disbelief in his voice

Jess: perceptive, aren’t you?

I say as I search for something to wear- ahh yes. My fitted skater dress. I grab it and choose my above the knee high heels and lay them on the bed. I sense Danny’s eye burning into me as I walk over to the chest of draws, i catch a glimpse at his motionless body stood in the door way. I roll my eyes again.

I let my towel drop to the floor. Acting oblivious to the fact im naked. I hear his restrained gasp and I ignore it.

Danny: why you doing this?