chapter 94 - speak of the devil

*Danny*

Danny: I couldn’t go…

Everyone had stopped and was looking at me… then jess. She just stood there,

Danny: the thought of not being with you was too unbearable…

Her face softened from shock to a smile and she ran at me. I braced myself as she jumped and flung her arms round me. I caught her and wrapped my arms round her. We hugged each other tight before I put her down and shared a kiss.

Everyone cheered. We pulled apart and were both smiling. Our fingers laced together,

Danny: happy birthday gorgeous…

Jess: you’re the best present I ever!

I pecked her lips again and the music started up again. We walked hand in hand to the bar and got jess a diet coke and me a normal coke.

Holly: AWH!

Jess looked down and blushed, I smile.

Clair: well, well, well… Danny O’donoghue… long times no see…

Danny: hi Clair, how are you?

Clair: good you?

I nod and pull jess a little closer. They gave us both a cute smile. I pulled jess onto the dance floor and everyone was dancing and smiling. We danced, socialise, dance, drink, dance, socialise, dance and have a great time.

My feet and face ached from dancing and smiling by the end of the night. It was about 2am by the time we got back to the hotel. Clair was staying in my suit so I stayed with jess. We stripped to our underwear and cuddled under the covers. Everything felt perfect again.

____next morning____

Me and jess were both awake… we weren’t saying anything, just enjoying each others company. I drew circles on jess’s hand. I broke the silence first.

Danny: you wearing the bracelet I got you…

She looked down to it,

Jess: yeah, its beautiful thank you!

Danny: anything for you…

-

-

-

Jess: I said I didn’t need to know… but I do… I won’t mind why or even who but I want to know… please? I feel we needed to talk last night but it was too rushed…

Danny: ok…

She got up and wrapped her dressing gown round her, she walked out and I got up chucking a t-shirt on and following. We sat in the lounge on the sofa and I sat across from her.

Jess: who was she?

Danny: on the phone?

She nodded

Danny: um, you know Irma?

Jess: of course, how could I forget… it was her?! You- you called your ex babe and said you loved her?!-

Danny: what? No!

Jess: then what?!

Danny: she has a daughter… she… um she is in some trouble or something im not sure… she wanted someone she could trust and needed help and she came to me… she had lost her dad and then I came along, we grew close and she never got a reason as to why me and Irma broke up but she isn’t stupid and she wanted answers and help…

Jess: you promise me it was her? That you weren’t cheating on me?

Danny: I promise baby… why would I cheat on you?

Jess: I don’t know… maybe because im not enough? I haven’t had sex with you yet? Im not pretty enough?

Danny: shhh! Jess, your more than enough for me! Your gorgeous jess, much prettier than any other girl! And the sex thing doesn’t bother me; I’ll wait until your ready…

She looked down.

Jess: im not sure about the whole Nikoleta thing… I don’t know if I agree with it- no agree is the wrong word… I don’t know what word I mean but you know… is it right?

Danny: I don’t know… I just felt bad for her… she was in a state and called…

The door goes and I got up to get it. I opened the door and really really didn’t expect to see who I did. Speak of the devil much?!

Danny: w-what are you doing here?

Nikoleta: I needed to get away!

Danny: *confused look* how’d you find me?

Nikoleta: you’re not that hard to find…

Jess: DANNY WHO IS IT?

Danny: H-HANG ON… howdy oud know I’d be in this room?

Nikoleta: girl in your room told me…

Danny: her names Clair…

Jess: Danny? Who is i- oh

Jess stuck her head round the corner, her eyes saw nik.

Danny: jess this is Nikoleta Irma’s-

Jess: daughter I know…

Danny: nik this is Jessie my-

Nikoleta: you must be Danny’s new girlfriend, nice to meet you…

Nik stuck her hand out and jess came over and shook it.

Jess: hi, you too… I guess...

She gave me a confused look.

Nikoleta: im so sorry to pop round but I needed to see Danny I need his help…

Jess: oh, no problem... come in, come in… lets get you a drink…

She put and arm round her and walked off, she turned her head back to me and gave me a funny look. I swallow hard as I close the door. This could go ok or very very bad!

****so what’s nikoleta’s trouble? And why Danny? Please comment ideas and thoughtsJ vote and fan:Dxx****