084

Taeyeon was wrong...He had underestimated Kang Yong-Ji's level of shamelessness.

Kang Yong-Ji was definitely shameless enough to approach Huangfu Shuo. After all, she did not think that exposing their relationship would be of any benefit to him. For the sake of both their interests, she tossed up her options and ended up instructing her manager to locate Huangfu Shuo's home.

Afterwards, she arrived - ready for battle - at Huangfu Shuo's home during her break in the afternoon. But, to her surprise, Huangfu Shuo lived all alone in a 300 square metered high-class villa.

Back when they were still together, Huangfu Shuo was a nobody. Who would have thought, he was actually so rich now.

Huangfu Shuo did not expect that Kang Yong-Ji would turn up at his home. So, as soon as he opened the door and saw Kang Yong-Ji, his face glazed over with a moment of surprise.

Seeing this, Kang Yong-Ji removed her sunglasses and smiled at Huangfu Shuo, "You're not going to invite me in?"

Huangfu Shuo moved aside and welcomed her in. As he followed behind her, he said, "I don't have anything at home except for plain water."

"That's fine. I didn't come here for that anyway," Kang Yong-Ji leaned back on the sofa elegantly.

Huangfu Shuo sneered. Taeyeon's method indeed worked.

He had previously done so many useless things, but had no luck attracting Kang Yong-Ji's attention. Who would have thought, after accepting 'The Forensic Concubine', this woman would come knocking on his door.

"Why did you come looking for me? You wouldn't be here for a friendly catchup, right?" Huangfu Shuo sat down on the sofa opposite Kang Yong-Ji and threw his arms back casually.

"I never thought, after not seeing you for so many years, you'd actually be able to afford a place like this..."

"You're talking about this villa?" Huangfu Shuo chuckled before he answered, "I've been living here for over 20 years. Oh...that's right, I didn't get the chance to introduce my family to you before you abandoned me. I bet, if you knew who my father was back then, you wouldn't have left without hesitation."

"What do you mean?"

"Tiffany & Co's Asia Region Vice President, Huangfu Xiong, is my father," Huangfu Shuo officially introduced his father to Kang Yong-Ji. "Only after you left me, did I discover that being an heir wasn't a bad thing."

After hearing this, Kang Yong-Ji did not look pleased.

"My father's wanted to see you for a long time. He's been laughing at me for quite a few years because he can't understand why I had such bad taste back then. But, thanks to you, his son returned to his side without having to spend a cent."

Kang Yong-Ji did indeed feel a bit regretful, but she knew that Huangfu Shuo completely despised her, so she didn't think too much into it as she changed the subject, "Let's talk business. I heard that you've accepted the role of male lead for 'The Forensic Concubine'."

Huangfu Shuo did not respond. He simply lifted an eyebrow as he listened to what else she had to say.

"You still care about me, don't you? Otherwise, why would you join my enemy's camp when you obviously know that Tiffany and I are competing against each other?"

After hearing this, Huang Fushuo burst into laughter, "Miss Kang, don't you think you're overestimating yourself? You're right, I joined 'The Forensic Concubine' partially because of you. But...it was because I wanted you to remember what you've done in the past and the type of person you are. When are you planning to remove your fake mask"