037

After Minho announced his retreat, his songs naturally made their way onto the top of the charts, making him a huge hit.

But, no matter what his fans did and how they apologized, he did not appear in front of the public again after the night of his last concert. As well as that, all his previous forms of contact were deleted or disconnected.

It was almost like this singer had never existed in the entertainment industry.

So what if he left behind so many great hits?

As the year came to an end, he also received many music awards. But, because of his retreat, all his awards were received by a Crown Empire representative on his behalf. And each time they went on stage, they would simply say,

"Yunho thanks everyone for their support."

It was a cold and general response with no real sincerity. The truth was, he did not need to thank anyone, because everything he had was a result of his own hard work.

Hearing Minho's response, Se-ra and his fans felt a piercing pain in their hearts. Only they knew that Minho's disappointment in them was deeper than it appeared.

Late into the night, at the Hwang Household, Minho was packing his luggage. Elder Hwang walked in with his walking stick and sat on the edge of his bed, "Are you set on your decision? Are you going to the US to study?"

"Grandfather, don't worry. I thought about this carefully," Minho replied.

"Was it because of...that girl?" Elder Hwang tested. He had not seen Minho smile for quite a few days. "Are you leaving your family to go to a faraway place, all because of a mere woman?"

Minho froze for a moment before putting down the clothes in his hands and replying to Elder Hwang in seriousness,

"Grandfather...after what happened, I've realized where I am truly of value."

"I admit, I do feel slightly regretful, but I hope you can trust me when I say that I'm doing all this because I want to be responsible towards the Hwang Family."

"Noona was born to be an actress and the film industry will help her s.h.i.+ne. So, leave the Hwang Family to me."

"Are you sincere about this?" Elder Hwang continued to question. In reality, he already believed that Minho had the motivation to move forward. After all, his older sister, Tiffany, had already done enough for him.

"I couldn't get any more sincere than this. Grandfather, during the time that I'm not around, take good care of yourself. Don't get too close to Hwang Na-ri. That woman is crazy; no one knows what else she has planned."

Elder Hwang sighed and patted Minho on the shoulder before he nodded his head, "Take care during your time away. Your flight is at 7am tomorrow morning, isn't it? Grandfather will accompany you..."

"No need, Grandfather. I can go on my own," Minho was determined to leave.

"OK."

This result was all within Tiffany's expectations. This was the only way that Minho would truly be a Hwang Family member.

She shouldn't have initially jumped to conclusions regarding Minho's love life. Obviously, after this incident, Minho had figured out for himself whether Se-ra suited him or not. Perhaps...he still needed time to grow up. And perhaps, no one could predict what the future would hold.

To avoid being recognized, Minho arrived at Seoul airport at 5am. But, of course, with his current popularity, there was bound to be a few people that recognized him.