048

"But, that night..."

With the mention of 'that night', Minho couldn't help but laugh in ridicule. The laugh tugged at his wound a little, putting him into pain, "Back then, I offered to take responsibility, but you pretended that nothing happened. Why are you concerned about it now? I know I was wrong, so what do you want me to do about it?"

"Se-ra, do you want to hold onto your fiance with one hand and cling onto me with the other?"

"I am willing to give up on him..."

"But, I don't want you," Minho replied swiftly without a trace of hesitation.

"Are you sure that Krystal is the person that you want, then?"

"I'm not sure about anyone. But, it's not like I can't survive without being in a relationship," Minho sneered before he pointed to the door, "If that's all you came here for, please leave. Stop wasting your time here."

"The fact that I've announced my retreat means that I will never turn back."

"Please give me another chance..." Se-ra started crying in front of Minho. The pain in her eyes looked like it was tearing her apart. The Se-ra at this time was probably the most similar to the originally pure Se-ra that followed by Tiffany's ​side. "I truly want to be with you."

"I no longer have any feelings for you. What use do you have for an empty shell like me? Don't you have any self respect?" Minho asked. "Se-ra, leave this place and enjoy the rest of your life with your fiance. Stop letting your mind wander."

If Minho's previous words hadn't fully hurt Se-ra, the mention of self respect was like a sword that lodged itself deeply into her heart.

Self respect...

Of course she had self respect. And, it was because of this self respect that she could no longer reach out her arms towards Minho.

A certain writer once said, "If you still maintain your self respect when talking about love, there is only one reason, the person you truly love - is yourself!"

Minho had exhausted all his energy, so he decided to close his eyes and get some rest. At this time, Se-ra was left looking insignificant and displeased.

"Minho. Don't forget your decision today. You are the one that doesn't​ want me."

After speaking, Se-ra turned to leave. As she walked out the door, she ran into Sooyoung.

As soon as Sooyoung saw Se-ra, he looked at Minho questioningly. But, Minho simply shook his head, "It's nothing."

"Se-ra has changed too much. I can't quite recognize her anymore," Sooyoung didn't question Minho any further as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"She was previously by the Madam's side through many ups and downs. So, I thought she was a good person. Who would have thought that her true self was hidden so deep inside. I guess, only time could reveal a person's true nature."

"Was my sister frightened by what happened today?" Minho asked, changing the subject.

"Of course. You were covered in blood!"

"What about Krystal..."

"She doesn't know yet," Sooyoung sighed. "What was the reason for your actions this time? Aren't you afraid that Krystal will end up like Se-ra?"

"I've know Krystal since we were kids. She is not that kind of person," Minho explained. "By the way, don't tell her about this incident."

"OK. The Madam told me to do as you say. Anyhow, get some rest, you've just come out of a surgery..." Sooyoung placed Minho's phone on the bedside table and Minho immediately picked it up and turned it on.