040

"Minho, you sure are thoughtful."

"Get in, sweetie," Minho smiled gently. After ensuring that Krystal was seated properly, he walked around to the driver's seat.

As Ye Lan watched this scene, a fire burned ferociously inside her. Although she had married a rich tyc.o.o.n and stepped all over Krystal throughout the years, Father Jung was still an old man and there were many things he couldn't do. For example, there was no way that he could provide her with the warmth and romance that a normal man would.

So, as she watched Minho treat Krystal thoughtfully, she was so tempted to run up and tear Krystal's pretty face apart...

"Haha, that's the first time I've seen Ye Lan with that expression. How satisfying!" Within the sports car, every time Krystal remembered the expression on Ye Lan's face, she would cheer excitedly in a satisfied tone.

"Are you in pain?" Minho suddenly asked.

"Why would I be in pain?" Krystal asked as she turned to look at Minho.

Minho wanted to tell her that he had bought some medicine and it was in the glove box of the car; it was his way of caring for an old cla.s.smate. But, seeing that Krystal did not treat the injuries on her body like they existed, he couldn't possibly tell her that he had witnessed the entire scene the previous night.

"It's nothing...You look beautiful today."

Minho's words came genuinely from his heart. After all, Krystal was lively and her bright eyes were full of spirit. It seemed, she was quite an interesting person. She didn't suck up to others, nor did she know how to be sneaky; she was so straightforward that she was hard to hate. She was a rare breed.

"When have I ever been not beautiful?" Krystal smiled confidently. "By the way, where are we going today?"

"Attending a friend's engagement party."

"Don't tell me...it's your ex-manager. I've heard about your relations.h.i.+p with her."

"Yes, it's her engagement party. But, there's nothing between us," Minho explained.

"Liar. If there really is nothing, why would you need someone to accompany you to help boost your confidence? If there really is nothing, would you keep falling into a daze? I'm straightforward, but I'm not stupid," Krystal laughed. "So...was she the one that dumped you? Or did you dump her?"

"We never started...She's always had someone else in her heart."

"Understood. Don't worry, I will definitely help protect my old cla.s.smate's fragile little heart," Krystal declared as she patted her heart. But, because she was a little rough, she realized she still had an injury on her chest. As a result, she quickly reacted by holding her chest and letting out a slight cry of pain.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm fine," Krystal quickly composed herself.

"You know, you look like an easy target for bullies," Minho laughed. "You obviously received the short end of the stick, but you keep telling yourself that the short end is a blessing."

"That's because no one can defeat this heroine, OK? Once upon a time, I lived quite a rough life."

"Yes, I've heard. You supposedly ran away from home before. But, you spent 3000rmb in 2 days and returned home in a defeated manner."

"Haiz...am I really that famous?" Krystal brushed her hair behind her ear awkwardly. At this time, Minho noticed a small mole on her left cheekbone - it was quite unique.

Minho shrugged his shoulders with a smile and did not respond. All the embarra.s.sing things that Krystal had done in the past was enough to fill an entire book.