099

"After you enter the top 100, you will be able to see me," a smile hung to the corner of Tiffany's lips. She didn't speak too fast nor too slow, so her voice was very soothing.

This was how Wendy calmed down, even though the person backing her felt just as dangerous as Li Can.

Seeing that Wendy was now relaxed, Seohyun leaned in and smiled, "Feeling better now?"

"I'm curious why you selected me," Wendy tilted her head curiously at Seohyun. "People like me have no background and attract trouble. Why would you pick me?"

"Superstar Media's biggest aim is to find artists like yourself who are talented but have not progressed in their career," Seohyun winked. "So, expect to see more people joining us in the future."

After hearing Seohyun's response, Wendy was quite surprised. She couldn't believe that an agency like this existed in the entertainment industry and that she was lucky enough to come across them.

"Stop thinking too much. Relax and focus on your competition."

Wendy nodded as her curiosity grew towards the person scheming behind-the-scenes.

But, there was no need to be impatient; she was going to meet her very soon.

...

The Journey Singing Competiton was actually very popular in Seoul Korea. After all, it only happened once every few years.

On the streets, on the television and all over the internet...there were updates about the competition wherever one went. However, Tiffany had asked Wendy to maintain a low profile. So, she did not feel like she was truly in the competition yet.

As usual, Seohyun accompanied Wendy to the top 300 elimination round. But, before the competition started, Wendy spotted the beautiful woman from last time: Nana.

"Look. Didn't you bet that she would be eliminated?"

"She has indeed been eliminated. You mustn't have watched the replay of the show," Seohyun said as she raised her eyebrows. "In fact, the judges gave her a pretty bad scolding during the competition."

"Really?" Wendy once again looked at the young woman in surprise.

Didn't good looks work?

"The round is about to start..."

Wendy held onto her phone, as nervous as ever. She knew that Li Can had planted a trap for her to fall into.

Seohyun noticed her nervousness and quickly comforted, "It's fine."

As expected, Wendy's phone began to ring a few minutes later. She took a glance at the caller ID and said to Seohyun, "I'm going to pop out and take this call."

"Don't take too long."

Wendy nodded before she stepped out into the corridors to pick up her call. After listening to the call, she blitzed out of the building's glass doors without mentioning a word to Seohyun. Meanwhile, not too far away, Li Can watched the entire scene with her own eyes.

"My dear sister, you sure are naive," Li Can smirked coldly before she put on her sunglasses and left.

Wendy waved down a random taxi and hopped inside. However, before the taxi got very far, it ended up colliding with another car. The two drivers stopped to the side of the road and began to negotiate, but no one knew what happened afterwards.

Meanwhile, Seohyun was aware of what Wendy was doing...but the competition was about to start – there were only a few minutes left. If she didn't return in time, the producers would simply disqualify her.