047

Yang Xi thought to herself for a while and finally turned to the police in tears, “I know you want to get some useful information from me. I can promise to be honest with you, but…”

“…I have one condition.”

“I want to see Tiffany.”

The police did not expect for Yang Xi to make such a request. But, in order to get information about Master Ni, they agreed “We will contact her on your behalf. But…whether she will agree to meet you is beyond our control.”

“She will definitely agree,” Yang Xi said in between tears, “How could she miss a chance to see me in such a pitiful state?”

“We’ll let you know when we’ve come in contact then.”

However, before Yang Xi managed to see Tiffany, Master Ni’s lawyer arrived first.

To be exact, this man wasn’t just any lawyer. Yang Xi was well aware that this man was Master Ni’s most capable right-hand-man. Whenever he appeared, it wasn’t to deal with a simple incident – but to deal with life and death!

Yang Xi was so terrified that her entire body began to tremble. Especially when the man returned her gaze.

The darkness that seeped out from the depths of his body made one’s blood freeze.

Yang Xi’s lips twitched a little, but no sound came out. She remained silent until half an hour later when the police came to release her, “Yang Xi, you have been bailed out. You may leave.”

Leave…

Hearing this, Yang Xi froze in place, unable to take a single step.

“Officer, can I wait until Tiffany arrives?” Yang Xi asked.

The young officer glanced at Yang Xi and laughed, “When you were locked up, you wanted to leave so badly. Now that we’ve decided to set you free, you don’t want to leave anymore. What’s wrong with you?”

“No…it’s just…” Yang Xi couldn’t get her words out properly.

“Are you going to leave or not?” the police officer asked impatiently.

Yang Xi looked at the officer, unsure whether to tell the truth. A few moments later, just as she was about to speak, Master Ni’s assistant walked over to her, holding a briefcase and dressed in professional business attire, “It’s time we leave. Master Ni is waiting for us.”

Yang Xi was helpless as she tried to signal to the officer for help. But the young officer had absolutely no idea what Yang Xi was trying to gesture.

The cold assistant allowed Yang Xi to walk ahead. He knew how terrified she was of him, but, after being in the underworld for so many years, apart from completing his mission, he didn’t care about anything else.

Yang Xi walked slowly and repeatedly turned her head to sneak glances at the police officer. Only after she stepped into the elevator did the cold assistant finally say, “Don’t be afraid. It won’t hurt a lot.”

Hearing this, Yang Xi felt chills down her spine as she clasped her hands together and waited for the elevator to stop. As soon as she heard it ring, she wanted to run away, but the assistant quickly blocked her path and said, “Be careful, don’t run around recklessly…”

Yang Xi closed her eyes in despair; she no longer held any hope for the future.

Just as they were about to leave the police station, a black Lincoln Limousine suddenly pulled up in front of Yang Xi…

Afterwards, Tiffany was seen stepping out of the car, supporting her stomach. Next to her stood the almighty king-like Taeyeon and the trustworthy Sooyoung.