104

"I don't think he likes her either. After all, who would like someone that appeared out of nowhere to steal half the affection from their parents."

After hearing this, Miss Li breathed a sigh of relief as her attraction for Lee Young-Min grew.

The celebration was about to officially start, but Seohyun was still nowhere to be seen, so Mother Lee thought Seohyun wasn't coming. But, just as she revealed a ridiculing smile, a white sports car pulled up at the front of the villa. Out of the car stepped Seohyun dressed in a long diamond encrusted silver gown, looking extremely feminine.

"Isn't that the child that the Lee Family adopted?"

"Is that Lee Seohyun? She's so beautiful."

"We don't see this child often. I never expected that she'd be so impressive."

Everyone began to talk about Seohyun. In fact, a few words made their way into Seohyun's ears.

But, Seohyun was not intimidated as she walked elegantly towards Father Lee and Mother Lee in her white high-heeled shoes and gave them a hug, "Mom! Dad!"

Father Lee was indifferent as he briefly acknowledged that it was good that she was back. Meanwhile, Mother Lee's gaze was spiteful and cold.

Seohyun looked at the two elders. Just as she was about to hand them her present, Lee Young-Min suddenly pulled her into his arms and gently hugged her, "Seo Seo..."

Seohyun angrily stepped on his foot. This man was doing this on purpose, even though they were obviously living under the same roof.

Everyone saw the way that Lee Young-Min hugged Seohyun. Although it was just a gentle hug, it still surprised them.

He did not go near any of the young socialite women in the room, yet he treated Seohyun with such affection and love. It seemed, this brother did not dislike Seohyun the way that everyone rumored.

Mother Lee was extremely displeased by Lee Young-Min's actions, but she couldn't complain in front of everyone. So, she quietly reminded Lee Young-Min, "Young-Min, help me entertain the guests."

Seohyun pinched Lee Young-Min and Lee Young-Min laughed.

Soon, it was time to open the gifts. Each family presented Father Lee with their expensive offerings. Miss Li, in particular, gifted him a thousand-year-old antique because she knew that he liked to collect them.

"This is worth tens of millions!"

"It looks like Miss Li is trying to win the favor of her future father-in-law."

"This is worth too much..."

After receiving everyone's admiration, Miss Li's lips slightly curved upwards. As a response, Mother Lee did not stop praising the young woman.

"Xiao Ai, you are too kind...I'll get Young-Min to share a dance with you later."

Miss Li turned and looked at Seohyun. For some reason, even though there were so many female guests in the room, she felt hostile towards Seohyun. Was it simply because she was Lee Young-Min's sister?

"Seohyun, what did you prepare for your father?" an elder asked. "It wasn't easy for your parents to bring you up. You need to be filial."

Seohyun smiled, pulled a box out of her handbag and handed it to Father Lee.

"I don't have anything expensive, so I can only give you this old item," Seohyun explained with a smile.

Everyone thought Seohyun was indeed nothing compared to Miss Li. There was no wonder that the Lee Family smiled so happily at their 'future daughter-in-law' and was indifferent towards Seohyun.