105

Luo Sheng was injured because he had gone to see the investor of 'Derivative'. So, it only made sense for Tiffany to speak to this man by the surname of Luo.

But, according to the initial investigation of the police, Luo Sheng was attacked before he even arrived at the man's home. As for the reason why he stopped his car halfway and what happened during the time that he stopped, the police had no way of finding this out. After all, it was a rainy day, so it was hard to retain evidence. Plus, that particular stretch of road had no government-issued surveillance cameras.

If Luo Sheng couldn't tell them what happened, no one would ever know the truth.

The next day, news of Luo Sheng's 'disfigurement' quickly spread throughout​ the city. An artist that had a promising future was suddenly disfigured; wasn't the timing too coincidental?

People in the industry were surprised. But, when they thought about the situation in detail, they realized it was all within their expectations.

After all, Tiffany attracted too much hatred. So, being attacked was unavoidable.

Everyone appeared to feel sympathy for Luo Sheng, but in secret, it was uncertain how many people were actually treating the incident as a joke. After all, Luo Sheng represented Tiffany. So, for Luo Sheng to suffer a fall like this, meant that outsiders could now point at Tiffany and criticize her.

_"Look. This is the fate of Tiffany's artists!"

_"Didn't Tiffany refer to herself as a talent scout? What happened in the end? Didn't her artist fall at the flip of a switch?"

_"Tiffany's still not that capable."

Tiffany was prepared for the public to judge her, so she simply continued trying to contact the investor. The man wasn't easy to get a hold of. It took Sunny multiple attempts before she finally secured a dinner with him.

After that, Sunny kept Luo Sheng company at the hospital while Tiffany and Seohyun went to meet the investor at a designated hotel. As soon as she saw the man, Tiffany was quite surprised.

He was in his forties, but he maintained his appearance well, looking handsome and noble; nothing like a typical villain.

"Mrs. Kim, I've heard so much about you."

Tiffany sat down opposite the man and spoke to him with her usual straightforwardness, "I'm sure Mr. Luo knows why I'm here."

"Of course, but I'm sorry, this incident has nothing to do with me," the man smiled. "I sympathize with Luo Sheng's fate, but I did not plan this attack."

"But he was attacked on the way to meeting with you."

"Mrs. Kim, are you trying to slander me?" the man laughed. "Since the conversation has gone down this path, I also have a few things to say. I would like to offer Mrs. Kim a piece of advice: your so called talent scouting is destructive towards the normal operations of the industry. Since you broke the rules and regulations, isn't it normal to receive revenge?"

"I'm sure President Kim must love you a lot. That's why he let you maintain such a naive ideal without stopping you."

"But reality has always been harsh."

"Hasn't President Kim ever told you that you're too much of an idealist? Luo Sheng's fate today will be the same fate that your other artists will eventually face. Just wait and see, this industry is all about luck and support. You can't even guarantee your own future with your so-called fairness. So, how could you guarantee it for others?"