mark - midnight snack

word count : 526

-

you and mark were in your room watching a few movies on the tv. mark had his arm wrapped around you while you had your head on his chest.

all of a sudden, mark's stomach rumbled. "oh, man." both of you laughed, "i'm gonna grab me a snack."

"i want a snack too," you mentioned and paused the movie.

"okay, let's get something," mark said and both of you got off of the bed. you two left the room and went into the kitchen or your shared apartment.

you scrunched your eyebrows as you stared at the countertop.

"what's wrong?" mark asked as he opened the door to the pantry.

"why is there another watermelon?" you questioned and mark looked at the counter.

"oh, someone gave it to me at our schedule," mark mentioned.

"another one?" you questioned and opened the fridge, to reveal three containers with cut up pieces of watermelon in it.

"hey, i'll eat it. don't worry about it," mark said and closed the pantry door without a snack. "i'll eat it right now," he said. you took a container out and gave it to him.

"i swear, we're going to get sick of eating watermelons and never want to look at them ever again," you said and closed the fridge.

"i could never get sick of eating watermelon. it's so delicious," mark replied. "come on, let's continue watching the movie," he said and dragged you back to your shared bedroom. both of you got onto the bed and mark opened the container before resuming the movie.

"what! no! why did he have to die?!" you cried out while staring at the tv screen.

"y/n, come down. it's only a movie," mark said to you before snacking on another piece of watermelon. "i thought you knew he died already?"

"reading a manga and watching the movie are two different things!" you cried out and mark handed you the box of tissues that were on your nightstand. "goddamnit, this movie is so good," you cried out and blew your noise. "why did he have to die?"

"it's only a movie, y/n. you'll be fine," mark said to you and patted your back.

"no, i'm not going to be fine," you said and wiped your face.

mark grabbed a piece of watermelon and brought it up to your lips, "here. eat."

"how is a piece of fruit supposed to make me happy?" you asked before eating the piece of watermelon. "why did he have to die?" you started crying even more.

"baby, don't cry. it's going to be okay. it's just a movie," mark said and hugged you. he placed a kiss on the top of your head. "do you want another piece of watermelon?" he asked.

"...yea..."

he gave you a another piece and you ate it.

"how about we watch something happier?" he suggested.

"i wanna watch "alice in borderland"," you answered.

"i just said to watch something happier, not watch something that is about death and that you've watched fifteen million times," mark replied and ate a piece of watermelon.

"but sakurada dori is so hot."

"hey! what about me?!"