lucas - confession

word count : 411

-

"did you pay attention?" lucas asked as you two headed to his locker after your last class for the day.

you looked at him while holding you textbooks. "of course i did. did you pay attention?" you asked him.

"of course not," he replied. you just sighed while he smiled and laughed. you two reached his locker and he unlocked it. he opened his locker and an envelope fell out of his locker and into the floor. "huh? what is that?" he questioned.

you bent down and grabbed the envelope, which had lucas's name on it.

"it has your name on it," you mentioned while examine the envelope. he put some of his textbooks into his locker. he opened his backpack and put one of his textbooks inside before zipping his backpack back up. "who would give this to you?" you asked and lucas closed his locker. "here," you said while handing the envelope to him.

he opened the envelope and pulled out two pieces of paper, "who knows," he spoke, unfolding the pieces of paper. he read the letter that was addressed to him. you waited for him to finish reading. "someone confessed to me..." he spoke once he finished reading.

"who wrote it?" you asked.

"that girl who sits next to me across the aisle," he answered and showed you the letter.

"that's...um...weird?" you questioned, not really sure how to feel. "she knows that you have a girlfriend, right?" you asked.

"i think everyone knows that me and you are dating, well, i thought everyone knew," lucas replied. "she asked to meet me before class tomorrow morning," he mentioned and closed his locker.

"are you going to?" you asked him.

"shouldn't i tell her that me and you are dating?" lucas asked you. "i'll tell her that me and you are together." he said and both of you started walking towards the school's entrance. "you okay?" he asked and grabbed your hand, shoving the letter into a recycle bin before you two walked through the hall.

"hm?" you looked at him and nodded, "yea, it's just kind of weird to me is all."

"didn't you confess to me with a letter and candy?" he questioned.

"okay, let's not talk about that please. you weren't dating anyone, it's a different story," you said, not wanting to think about the day you confessed to lucas.

"you know, the stationary this girl used is cuter than yours," lucas commented.

"hey!"