yangyang - "dream launch"

word count : 505

-

"y/n?"

you turned around when your name was called. you saw a guy standing in front of you.

it took you a second, but you finally recognized him, "yangyang!" you exclaimed.

he smiled back at you. "how are you?" he asked.

"i've been well," you replied. "let me buy you a drink," you offered.

"really? okay then. are you thinking what i'm thinking?" he asked.

you chuckled, "how could i forget? one large cold brew," you answered, knowing that it was his go to order since you first met him.

you ordered yangyang's cold brew and ordered a coffee for yourself. you received both drinks and mixed half and half and sugar into yours before sitting at a countertop with yangyang.

"okay, let's rewind a bit," you said, putting your bag on the countertop, "last time i saw you, you were still training, and now, i'm assuming, that you made it big?" you asked him.

he smiled, "yes, i did. wow, has it been that long since i've seen you?" he asked before taking a sip of his cold brew.

"i think so. send me some of your music. i'd love to listen to it," you replied. he nodded.

"so, what has miss l/n been up to since we last talked? still flying?" he asked.

you nodded, "yea. i have a week off. i've been apartment hunting, and i finally signed a lease yesterday," you mentioned. "we should get together for dinner some time."

yangyang nodded, "yea, for sure. and if you need help moving, i've been free lately," he offered. "do you still have my number?" he asked.

"i think so," you replied and checked your phone. "yup, i do."

then, yangyang's phone rang. "sorry, one second," he apologized. he picked up his phone from the counter and answered the call. "hey. now?" he sighed, "yea, be there soon." he said before hanging up.

"have to leave?" you asked.

"yea, i have practice. and i bet you have to start moving stuff, right?" he asked.

"mm...i could take a walk right now," you replied and he smiled.

"you can walk with me, it isn't that far away," he mentioned. you nodded and grabbed your purse and coffee.

you and yangyang left the coffee shop and started walking to wherever he needed to go to.

"you know, both of us made it to our dreams. you debuted as an artist, and i'm flying airplanes," you said to him as you two walked.

"a music artist and a pilot, it's funny how our paths crossed," he commented. you instantly recalled the day you met him at thrift store. both of you fighting over a jacket, which yangyang ultimately let you have.

"still have that jacket," you said to him and looked at him. he was smiling as he took a sip of his drink.

"you better, i paid for it," he replied to you. "let's keep up the good work, miss pilot," you said to him and he nodded.

"of course, mister artist."