lucas - after school

word count : 558

-

"i'll go bring this outside," your classmate, mark, said as he picked up the two trash bags. he left the room right after.

you stood on a stool and started cleaning the whiteboard. as you were cleaning, you heard one of the windows open from behind.

you turned around on the stool and watched as someone climbed into the classroom, and you recognized him to be one of your classmates that always skipped school, lucas.

"you're supposed to come to school in the morning, not when school is over for the day," you spoke and lucas looked at you. you jumped off of the stool and put the rag you were using into a small bucket of water.

"yea, i know," he said and opened his locker in the back of the classroom.

"what are you doing?" you asked.

lucas closed his locker and turned around with a can of spray paint in his hand, "i need to go spray paint some desks," he answered while shaking the can. he walked up to a desk and took the cap off of the can.

"what?! why?" you questioned him.

"i'm in the middle of a prank war with some of my friends. this was the only time i could sneak in," he mentioned and you crossed your arms.

"the teachers are going to be so mad tomorrow once they find out," you said to him.

"how are they gonna know who did this? you gonna snitch on me?" he asked and proceeded to spray paint someone's desk.

you sighed and gave in for some reason. "just the desks, nothing else because me and mark just cleaned about everything else already," you said to him.

lucas chucked, "fine with me," he replied and went to another desk.

you started cleaning windows while lucas continue being a delinquent.

"why don't you come to class?" you asked him.

he looked up at you for a second before resuming spray painting, "i don't like to study, so what's the point of me being in here all day long?" he replied and sat down at his own desk. "you're super smart, aren't you?" he asked.

"i have nothing else to do but study or do something school related," you answered while cleaning. "it wouldn't hurt to come once in awhile," you said to him.

"and read and do work all day? nah, i would rather go to the city all day," lucas said and stood up. he went to one of the windows and opened it up, "see you later," he said and hopped out.

you ran to the open window, "you're leaving already?" you asked him.

"did my part," he said and tossed around the can of spray paint. "maybe i'll come to school tomorrow if you're here," he said with a grin on his face.

you smiled, "i'm usually here."

"see ya later," he said. you waved while he ran away from the school.

you closed the window and continued cleaning. eventually, you finished and put your backpack on.

mark came back to the classroom, "okay, i put the sign up at the bulletin board. hey! who spray painted my desk?" he questioned when he saw blue spray paint on his desk and his seat mate's desk.

you shrugged your shoulders, "wasn't me," you replied as you walked out of the classroom.